flowers up close and personal - comments please

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by liquidflight, Oct 23, 2003.

1. liquidflight

liquidflight TPF Noob!

I went out a few weeks ago with my camera for the first time since having my baby, and I was hoping that I hadn't lost my touch. I was a bit shaky, and very unsteady on my feet, but still managed to come up with some really neat shots. DOF could have been better, but I don't have a tripod, so I can't take as much time to set up shots as I would like. As always, I would like to hear what you think.
    -Liquid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChristopherGrant

ChristopherGrant TPF Noob!

I really don't take too many macro shots so for what it's worth:
    I like the shots and although I don't know what your 'eye' was like the before the baby (congrats!)... I'd say your 'eye' is quite good! I agree that the DOF was a little on the shallow side but still nicely composed shots causes me to like them.

For some reason, I REALLY like the white flower. At first it seemed way too bright but I kept coming back to it. Nice!

3. grimmett

grimmett TPF Noob!

Nice shots. That peach one reminds me of....oh, well, you know.... :oops: I really like the white one too. The others are very nice too, but those two are really great.

4. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

there you go folks!!!

great work liquid.

md

5. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

I absolutely love that type of shot and you've got a great eye for composition but the Engineer in me demands more DOF and please use a tripod.

6. liquidflight

liquidflight TPF Noob!

Thanls for your comments. :) Funny how you say "PLEASE use a tripod" like it's a personal affront to you. LOL Don't worry, I will get one soon. Usually my hands are quite steady, most people think I do use a tripod. But when I was pregnant, and now with the new baby, my hands are not so steady. :/
    As for what the peach pic looks like Grimmett...I had that in mind when I shot it. :) My husband said the same thing as you.
    Thanks again!
    Alicia

7. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Hi Alicia,
    No it's not a personal affront it's just that I love those shots and want them to be my idea of perfect so I guess I'm pleading for more.
    BTW, love those colors!