Dioboleque

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these quite a while ago... C&C Please

EDIT: (these are all old, taken with my first digicam. I just got a new cam a couple of months ago, still not a DSLR, but what I could afford, and have started learning to get out of Auto and about DOF and all that, so any help would be nifty!)

2428204111_d9d3c501cc_o.jpg

2428205755_ee17e6fb86_o.jpg

2428207319_b355bdcd21_o.jpg

There seems to be a general lack of interest in flower pics, which is a shame since they are one of my favorite things to shoot.

However, I would like any comments or critique on the technical aspects even if everyone finds the subject matter uninteresting.

Here's two more...

2429758556_7fd5ea774f_o.jpg

2428950561_4945f5a339_o.jpg

3 and 4 are my favorites. But 4 seems a little washed out. If it was more sidelit then might get more interesting highlights on the water. Love the colors in 3 though.

Dont really care for the composition of 5, way too bottom heavy.

You got your DOF pretty down pat. #5 looks a bit artificial and photojournalistic instead of naturalistic because it looks like you used flash (or that could just be me being stupid). Second to last one: the dew is really lovely, but it looks slightly like the flower is hanging down slightly...? You have great technique. Perhaps you could make them slightly more creative...i.e. new angle, lighting, etc.? Just suggestions, of course.

Thanks for the comment Someday! You are not stupid, I did use the flash... I liked the way it made the dew sparkle. Also, #4, the flower is hanging upside down... the weight of the dew dragged it down.

You got your DOF pretty down pat. #5 looks a bit artificial and photojournalistic instead of naturalistic because it looks like you used flash (or that could just be me being stupid). Second to last one: the dew is really lovely, but it looks slightly like the flower is hanging down slightly...? You have great technique. Perhaps you could make them slightly more creative...i.e. new angle, lighting, etc.? Just suggestions, of course.

Maybe it's just my tastes, but it's the DOF that throws me off in 1 and 2. I feel like if I were composing, I might have knocked it down a stop or two. Again - just my opinion, definitely not the most technical ;)

Agree with NewEden - although it's a pretty shot as-is, I would suggest hitting it with a flash at an angle. 2 might have benefited from a flash at an angle too; it seems like the light is kind of "flat."

Sorry - I speak in non-technical terms, haha. Attribute that to my lack of formal training.

I wish we could have hibiscus so early in the season. Pennsylvania springs are a bit too chilly for those beauties quite yet.

I love flower pics btw; I should have some myself to post eventually.

I really like the one with the purple flowers. I would actually try to use more natural light, as many of the lighting in the photos seem a bit too harsh. Not bad, though.

Most reactions

Back