Flowers

Jacki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few pics of flowers taken in my hometown. No retouching has been done.

4247603934_1374120a58_b.jpg

4247603786_b69c32b6a4_b.jpg

4247603598_bc213e8dce_b.jpg

Last edited:
1 and 3 are the best, maybe if the entire flower was in frame it would look better. they also seem a little dim.

#1 Has quite a bit of noise (look closely at the green at the top).. The lighting is pretty dim and poor, I think with some sunshine on it, you would have had a good go at it.

#2 would be better if the lighting was even and the highlights weren't so strong. With white and yellow, highlights can cause sensor overload.

#3 Again, you have a whole bucket of noise. The flower is also a bit out of focus.

I would say choose the time of day carefully, and as you walk around looking for flowers, look at how the sun/light is hitting them and position yourself to get that shot of the warm light painting over them. Also look for flowers that are solitary with nothing behind them for a good ways, a dark background is even better. Then get low on them so you isolate them.

Hey! Thanks for the input, I do take note of your suggestions.

These pictures are quite old...taken with a camera that was really cheap and low-par. Even on low ISO, there was lots of noise.

I got a new camera that is much better suited for me. I look forward to giving spring flower shots another try now that I have control over the settings on the camera. =]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back