Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C Welcome as always.

949589087_9kXGV-XL.jpg

949565929_4Sf2C-XL.jpg

949574284_DGoJj-XL.jpg

4.Not a flower ;)
949598903_eWv2i-XL.jpg

All images shot with D90 and Sigma 150mm Macro.

Thanks for looking!

I would like #1 better if the spider web wasn't there.

I like #2!

I like #3, but there is something about it that just feels off. I don't know if it's just me, though.

I think there may be a few people who disagree with this but I was taught in college when shooting flowers, shoot from angles you wouldn't normally see. I think you did a superb job of this.

1 Im not fond of the large out of focus part of the flower near the bottom of the frame. I find its the first thing to catch my eye. But however I think you did a great job and captured a very unique angle. My professor used to say the best shots happen when you get dirty.

2 Again another really good angle. I would like to see some more DOF. F3.5 is virtually nothing in the macro world. I think this would really shine at f8-f11. Just some more DOF to get more in focus. At 150mm at 1:1 it would take a lot of DOF to make you background any more than a bokeh blur.

3 I dont get why you would shoot this on shutter priority. You aperture is so important in macro photography. Again stopped down I think this would really shine, but f4 and your only getting a very small part in focus. Manual is your friend my friend. Set yourself on a good tripod, set your aperture for your DOF, set your shutter speed for good exposure and bobs your uncle. You may have to work around the wind or boost your ISO for a faster shutter speed but your shoots will have much more in focus.
Looking more into detail on all your shots I noticed they are all shutter priority. I know it gets pretty hard to hand hold a macro lens at 1:1 but thats why a good tripod is your friend.

Just some food for thought.

Most reactions

Back