flowers

mbrown3391

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i took these pictures in my garden and played around with them on photoshop. Which do you think are better--the originals or the edits?
Picture1-1.jpg

flowerbwc.jpg

PB230001.jpg

flower2bwc.jpg

-Madison Brown

Hiya Madison and welcome to The PhotoForum.

While playing around in PS with one`s own pics is fun and allows us to learn a lot about the programme, there are some features that must be tested but should then be left alone save for very specific tasks. That is my mind only, you know? And selective colouring is one of those features.

That said, you will understand that I personally prefer the originals to the edits.

Composition of both flower pics does not shake the earth that much, the flower in two is in the very centre of your frame ... play with cropping a little and test out for yourself if not flower pics will at once look a bit more exciting when the main subject is not smack in the centre.

I agree with LaFoto regarding selective coloring. However, of the two, I really like the second. The muted background on the second just brings more attention to the beauty of the flower. Maybe this works for me because the flower is white lending itself to the black and white treatment better? I don't know, but I do like it.

Good job:flower:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back