Flu shots, should they be required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it makes everyone feel better, I kept it aimed downrange and didn't kill anyone that time.

Once you mention "gun" there are certain people that just plain won't feel beter about it.

Welcome to the internets! :)

I should've known by today this would be quite off track... lol Minicoop maybe you're better off aiming a camera at things!

Working with kids I'd get a flu shot at work but I don't think they were required - obviously our employer made them available because we'd likely be around a lot of sick kids and didn't need to have the flu getting passed around if it could be prevented. So I remember having had the flu years ago and seems like I was off work an entire week.

There have been plenty of other requirements for the type work I've done, getting a background check, taking first aid/infant CPR, etc. etc. so with some jobs there may be requirements - I guess someone would need to decide if they wanted to work there and meet the requirements or move on to something/someplace else.

From what I understand even if you'd get the flu, the shot would keep it to a milder case of it. I suppose most reasonably healthy adults may not need to worry about it too much but in a job working with sick people or kids I can see why it could be necessary to get one.

Wasn't there a childhood disease that hadn't been seen in years that came back? can't remember what it was, something that was thought to have been eliminated that doctors were seeing in kids again? Seems like unless there's a medical reason not to, that vaccines are a good preventive measure.

At my age, I'll take all the advantages I can get. I trust my doctor to steer me right. He, my dentist and I go shooting together! I won't say what, as to not start any butthurt.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Wasn't there a childhood disease that hadn't been seen in years that came back? can't remember what it was, something that was thought to have been eliminated that doctors were seeing in kids again? Seems like unless there's a medical reason not to, that vaccines are a good preventive measure.

You might be thinking of whooping cough. Apparently measles, mumps, and chicken pox are also seeing a resurgence.

When I started working at the college, no immunizations or proof of such were required. When I started taking classes, same thing. The first semester I wanted to take two classes, however, I had to show proof of immunization.

While I can understand and support a requirement for certain professions to immunize their employees, the school policy here seems random and overreaching.

I cant make the 10 pages of reading but I have never gotten the flu shot and have no plans to. The consequence is just not very serious. If I get the flu, oh well I will get better in a few days.

I have had vaccinations for serious things, like tetanus etc.

Funny that I am watching a news story right now saying they (CDC) chose the wrong strains for the vaccine this year :048:

Funny that I am watching a news story right now saying they (CDC) chose the wrong strains for the vaccine this year :048:

at least you're now protected if you travel to China last year.

"Funny" doesn't begin to make amends.

"Funny" doesn't feed the bulldog.

"Funny" if it weren't so sad.

I'm waiting to see if the CDC starts counting up the dead recipients of the wrong vaccine.

Take vaccine. Roll dice. But wait! Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Oh, and Paige, just to make it clear; I am NOT criticizing your use of the word "funny".

What? I can't make out what you're going for here.

Well I get that but I can't actually figure out what you're trying to say. You seem to be anti-CDC but I'm not even sure you're not being ironic.

The CDC is great, when you need to prep for a zombie apocalypse.

not so great to prevent the spread of ebola to the US.

Well I get that but I can't actually figure out what you're trying to say. You seem to be anti-CDC but I'm not even sure you're not being ironic.
Yes.

:soapbox:

I just heard on the news that this years flu-shot might not be very effective, they must have picked the wrong virus`s 12 months ago to make this years batch.

John.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back