Flu shots, should they be required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a guessing game, and all they can do is take their best shot. Over any ten year period, they save a bunch of lives, and improve quality of life pretty widely.

we should require IDs for voting.

We should require film for photography.

We should require scientists working for the government to pass a basic skills exam.

We should require the government to give me things like an M1 Abrams tank.

We should require the government to give me things like an M1 Abrams tank.

but if youre able to protect yourself, how can they justify themselves?

Easy. Their reason for being is giving me stuff that you pay for.

The chief medical officer of the US should not have an expired medical licence, Dr NO!

John.

Even when I was in the Navy I was never allowed to take the flu shot, because of an auto-immune disease and severe anemia. So, either way I lose. I can't take the flu shot because my immune system is so crappy that I end up with the flu a few days after the shot. And I can't avoid catching it because people are gross and can't cover their nose when they sneeze or wash their hands after they use the bathroom and then put their gross germs all over everything they touch.

So hey, it's pretty much a guaranteed 3-4 days of sickness for me, so what's the point?

require all people to wash hands and cover mouths when they sneeze.

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister who is also immunocompromised has disciplined herself to Never Touch Her Face, except in the privacy of her own home, after washing her hands. She claims it has made a gigantic difference in the rate at which she gets sick.

That's one person's story, so, take it with appropriate seasoning.

Decry that ALL human beings are now US citizens, and that all US citizens must get the flu shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back