Fluffy catkins (plus LaFoto in photo, heehee!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My friend came visiting the other day and we went for our walk - also to take her newest acquisition, i.e. her very first DSLR, for "walkies" :D.

And on the way we came past a couple of willow trees which sported all their wonderfully fluffy catkins. So we could not stop ourselves from letting our cameras have a field day on catkinds :biggrin:

Here's my friend taking her photos with the new (to her) camera:

15mrz07weidenktzchen06.jpg

15mrz07kirsten.jpg

And some of my catkin-pics:

15mrz07weidenktzchen05frame.jpg

15mrz07weidenktzchen02frame.jpg

15mrz07weidenktzchen01frame.jpg

15mrz07weidenktzchen09cropframe.jpg

Hope you like?
It was quite the spur-of-the-moment session.

Well, well, hardly have I put in an appearance and already I find myself on this forum...

Well, here's my retaliation: LaFoto herself, taking aim and shooting her Canon off to produce what you have just seen!

lafotoobserving.jpg

lafotofotoing.jpg

Also, I'd like to ask everyone for their opinion. My camera was on its last legs, or the batteries were (and silly me forgot to pack the freshly-charged ones), so my camera kept packing it in and only ever generated a couple of shots after a little rest and relaxation every now and then. One of the photos that came into existence during that walk was this, and I wonder if any of you have an idea why the colour could be so - well, the way it is???

howcome.jpg

Because it should really have looked more or less like thís:

thatsright.jpg

Well, got work to do!
Hope I haven't totally bungled this... :er:

Toodle-oo!

the Hamburger

Well, hello Corinna and friend! :)

I am definitely not knowledgeable enough to explain the color, but I actually do think the reddish tones makes for an interesting photo.

And again Corinna I love your close up nature shots. Yours are truly photos I aspire to.

some nice shots here ... but right I wonder who is the fluffy one :p

.. and it is good that someone starts taking photos of LaFoto behind the camera ;)

Anyway, as for the red colour, was your whitebalance on auto? then the auto might have gone confused. That would be my only explanation. But in any case you could claim that was at sunset with the warm sun being at a very low angle :)

But in any case you could claim that was at sunset with the warm sun being at a very low angle :)

...which I could then say wasn't really the case since I was there, but I would NEVER say so!!! Never!
If this is going to sell for hundreds or thousands of Euros just because the batteries were all flat and thus confused the camera completely, who am I to say it all just so happened !?!?!? :greenpbl: :biggrin:

Thanks, Alex, for your suggestions re the sunset. Will keep it in mind! :D

As for the whitebalance - ummmmm.... I haven't progressed to that yet. :blushing:
Still a bit fluffy on that issue... Or should that be fuzzy?

And LaFoto is right - no sunset in sight at that point... :wink:

But if I can make a buck from it, that's fine with me! :)

In case anyone was wondering: My nature shots weren't half as good as LaFoto's so I spared you those...

very nice series, I'm sure your friend will begin to be a photo buff as well!

It's always great to have a shooting partner.

Oh Joat, believe me: she already IS the photography buff! Only will this new DSLR help her load her photos up for us to see much faster (hint-hint, nudge-nudge ->towards my friend here :D)

Thanks for coming to this thread and for commenting on both our pics now (seems it has become a SHARED thread, which I like :D!), and I am happy to hear you like my nature close-ups, Tangerini --- or those of "LaFoto behind the camera", Alex.

I have my own thoughts about how much I like myself behind the camera, what with that scrunched-up face I usually pull..... ;)

I have my own thoughts about how much I like myself behind the camera, what with that scrunched-up face I usually pull..... ;)

This is a sign of concentration :p

great series

This is a very nice series. :thumbup: My favorite is #4. I like the yellow against the blue sky and also the bug/bee on the plant.

Oh Joat, believe me: she already IS the photography buff! Only will this new DSLR help her load her photos up for us to see much faster (hint-hint, nudge-nudge ->towards my friend here :D)

Oooooooohhhhhhh.....
Too much flattery....
*growbytwoinchesinstantly*

And hey, one of these days I'm gonna get round to posting a few more pics as well. But work comes first, I'm afraid...
Hey, it took you so long to succeed in luring me here, now don't grow all impatient on me all of a sudden!!!! :D

(seems it has become a SHARED thread, which I like :D!)

Oh good. Didn't want to commit any breaches in netiquette... :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back