Fly (255kb)

Pensquared4life

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got a Canon Digital Rebel XT and this was one of my first shots. I know the obvious choice for an insect on a flower would be a bee or a butterfly, but I thought it would be cool to stray from that. What do you think?

Fly_by_Pensquared4life.jpg

I see it! It's very colorful. I really like the way you have it laid out. The only thing is, and I can't explain why, I'd like to see it just a hair shade darker.

I reached the photo "the hard way" (by right-clicking on the red x that appears on my screen, going to the properties, and then the usual copy and paste thing) and have thus seen it. It is VERY colourful, and so is that fly... and I must say that even though its colour stands out nicely, it is THESE flies exactly that I dislike most ... ugh. They not only sit on flowers.............:shock: :roll:
Have you ever considered converting this one into a black and white photo, just so you'd see the effect? Makes me curious...

Hey! another dA person ;)
Well, I'm glad you gave that link, because that is pretty great! I love the color, and the composition, though I would like to see a greater DOF to bring the entire flower in focus. Welcome to the board, I can't wait to see more from you. btw, I'm on dA too, with the same user name ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back