Flyin' High

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by aerialview, Nov 7, 2005.

1. aerialview

aerialview TPF Noob!

Taken with a 35mm SLR. I don't like the pinkish tint from my scanner but i don't know how to get rid of it. help would be appreciated. Also, do you think it's too blurred or does it add to the effect more.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The pinkish tone is an easy fix in photoshop (i'll bring you a copy today). i really like this one, you did the panning well. There's only two things i can think of to change. First, it might be a little better to wait a tad bit longer before snapping the shutter (which can be really hard sometimes) so you can get him at the height of his ollie. Also, his arm is kind of clipped off...i think if you waited a tad longer that problem would also be eliminated. great use of panning and blur, i love it!

I used to skate too anyway, so that might add some ;)

3. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Good camera work! I think the effect is suitable. Blurr adds to the action of the frame. In cases like this I consider that it is understood that he has the rest of his arm.

4. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think it's a great action shot. :thumbup: All the exaggerated motion just adds to the excitement. I wouldn't sweat what the scanner does to the tones of your image - it's easily corrected and it's the original image that counts. I'd like to see the rest of his arm, too, but it doesn't kill the shot.

Nice work! :)

5. aerialview

aerialview TPF Noob!

Thanks for your input all. I'll definately keep it in mind in my future motion shots! Thanks Daniel for the photoshop!

6. eydryan

eydryan TPF Noob!

1what pinkish tone? i think it looks ok..
    2 you could try a tighter crop, you've got quite a lot of dead space on the left
    3 very nice do some more:D