Focus...Focus...

Deadeye008

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hamblinphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot this of my son in our backyard 2 evenings ago. He is fascinated by sticks and leaves. This was shot with my 50mm f1.8 at 1.8. Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking.
IMG_1190-1frameweb.jpg

Wow, for a split second, I thought that was my son Devan...he looks just like that when he's concentrating. (I posted some pics of him on this thread: http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94324)

Nice shot...it reminds me yet again how I need to ditch my kit lens and get a nice one. The only way I can possibly get a background that is that blurred is if I'm about 12 inches away from the subject on the lowest f/stop...not ideal for shooting portrais, lol!

They do look very similiar. I love my 50mm lens. You should definitely get one, best money I've spent on a lense.

I like the composition, lighting & color of this photo, but I would have liked both his eyes & sticks to be in focus. When I first got my 50 I used the 1.8 a lot but now I use 2.8 and 4.0 to give me more DOF. I leave it on one of these two settings because of the sharpness & clarity.

Thanks for the comments Neuner. I took a bunch of pics that evening with a 1.8 aperture and then when I was reviewing them I realized the point you made. In some of them I wished I had more DOF. Sometimes 1.8 is just to much. Oh well, live and learn I guess...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back