Focus help

x highhand17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i need some help my camera won't focus
i dont think there is any dust and i dont shake the camera

i don't think i can change lenses, b/c i dont think i have another one i have a filter but i take it off sometimes to clean it maybe dust got in there do u think?
I use a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5

Sometimes my minolta does that. I remove the lens and put it back on and it works. Sometimes the lens just does not make the connections. If not try another lens.

wait how do u remove the lens?
ill try the battery thing but this has happened before

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 is an SLR type camera - ie it looks and handles a bit like an SLR, but the Lens is fixed (so don't try to unscrew it in a vice! ;) )

The small amount of dust that may get into the lens when a filter is removed shouldn't stop it focusing (unless you get some major grit / sand in there) so try the following:

1) First make sure you haven't switched it to manual focus by mistake - there should be a setting for this in the menus somewhere.

2) Check your batteries - there may be enough left to power the screen etc, but possibly not the motor for autofocus.

3) Even if the batteries seem fine, switch the camera off, remove then replace them and switch back on again - if it still doesn't work, try doing a function reset (or something similarly named, to reset to all original settings).

4) Check if its still under warranty, and take it back to the shop you bought it from if it is...

5) Start looking for your nearest camera repair shop...

sometimes my camera will not focus... So i take off the lens say a few magical 4 letter words and put it back on. It usually works again after that. Since your lens doesnt come off i suggest just cursing at it.

spike5003 said:
Since your lens doesnt come off i suggest just cursing at it.

I must respectfully disagree. It has been my experience, that simply cursing in the general direction of camera equipment rarely achieves the desired effect. One must also savagely tear up the manual included with said equipment while cursing. In the process of taping the manual back into something readable, the answer to the original difficulty is generally found.

DepthAfield said:
I must respectfully disagree. It has been my experience, that simply cursing in the general direction of camera equipment rarely achieves the desired effect. One must also savagely tear up the manual included with said equipment while cursing. In the process of taping the manual back into something readable, the answer to the original difficulty is generally found.

The neanderthal is a savage beast, most often found in the concrete jungles the world over. Though their shapes, sizes and colours differ, the one joining aspect of such a wild thing is unanimously frustration with technology. Whether the wheel, fire, electricity or the mass frustrations of a simple paper book, sometimes nature just has him beat.

In the process of taping the manual back into something readable, the answer to the original difficulty is generally found.
you mean some cameras actually come with paper manuals?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back