focus issues: tell me what/how I'm doing

robyn_fresh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am trying to improve focus. Here are a few shots. I know that composition/background may be horrible. Please comment on the focus. No PP was done.

DSCF7208.jpg

DSCF7188.jpg

DSCF7178.jpg

Have you attempted any sharpening with these. These look well enough focused but may need a tad sharpening to taste.
DSCF7188copy.jpg

Also some web hosting sites do not do a photos sharpness justice.

The focus in #3 is ok, but it looks like you focused on the ear/shoulder in the others. You missed the eyes.

sometimes seems one eye is in focus and the other not?

vtf: no I haven't done anything with them. Focus is my weekest point especially with kids; so I am working on it. This is my son so easy access:)

They're not really oof, just soft and need a little sharpening in what ever program you use. Just take small increments until you get a more defining edge. They dont look that bad. Keep shooting and posting.:thumbup:

sometimes seems one eye is in focus and the other not?

vtf: no I haven't done anything with them. Focus is my weekest point especially with kids; so I am working on it. This is my son so easy access:)
Try working in the f5.6 or 7.1 range for awhile and work it down as you get use to the dof. At 19mm, f3.5 I cant imagine that the dof is more than a few inches at most. I could be wrong, since still a newb.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back