Focus or Lens Problems?

Stallion_51

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone. I am looking for some answers to my problems I have been having with my Tamron 70-300mm Lens (no VR). If you look at the photo I have attached this is a photo of a few deer. I was at 300mm and they were out there. The photo just looks so blurred though. I have the issue with birds closer and flying. I just can't seem to get detail. Let me know what you think is going on here........Back/front focusing, just a cheap lens or no vr? I can upload other photos as well.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1428949980193.jpg
    FB_IMG_1428949980193.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 159
Hi everyone. I am looking for some answers to my problems I have been having with my Tamron 70-300mm Lens (no VR). If you look at the photo I have attached this is a photo of a few deer. I was at 300mm and they were out there. The photo just looks so blurred though. I have the issue with birds closer and flying. I just can't seem to get detail. Let me know what you think is going on here........Back/front focusing, just a cheap lens or no vr? I can upload other photos as well.
Perhaps I am just being over picky about my photos? I am relativity new to this. I did shoot all these photos with my D5100 and 70-300 Tamron.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1428952271344.jpg
    FB_IMG_1428952271344.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 141
  • FB_IMG_1428952298199.jpg
    FB_IMG_1428952298199.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 159
  • FB_IMG_1428952327614.jpg
    FB_IMG_1428952327614.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 174
If I posted this in the wrong topic I apologize and a mod can move it.

What settings did you use?
It's about impossible to say *why* an image has issues just from the image itself.

I agree they all look soft, but with these images it could be just about anything.

My apologies. I took them all on aperture mode. Auto focus single servo.

Well, single servo won't work well with anything moving. So first probable/primary issue is misfocus. Try AF-c with dynamic tracking (I would usually avoid 3D tracking).

BTW, if the subject is small in the viewfinder, then the "details" are small and you will never pull them out the same as if they are larger to start with.

I don't see any EXIF data ... and in Aperture Priority you let the camera select shutter speed, which could be your problem (too slow). But we don't know.

I mostly use Manual where I select the Aperture and Shutter and have ISO set to Auto with a max. ==> Shooting Nikon DSLR cameras in manual mode with auto ISO Nikon Rumors

But it also helps on focusing when the subject is much closer (longer lens).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back