focusing

ronmoore

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone

When I focus using my Nikon D7000 with a DX 35mm 1.8G lense I keep getting green arrows before I get the green in focus circle I have not noticed this before, can anyone tell me why this is happening.
Also when I turn the camera on and tilt it slightly I am getting a clicking sound. I think it could be the mirror, is this normal or could their be something wrong with the camera.

regards Ron Moore

If by tilting you mean rotating the camera around the lens long axis the clicking sound when rotating the camera is likely the camera position sensor. The sensor is used to determine if the camera is held with a horizontal (landscape) frame orientation, or a vertical (portrait) frame orientation.

As far as the arrows - see page 38 of the D7000 user manual.

Hi Ron,
I have the same camera, but am no where near the expertise of these forum members!
Studio 101 is correct (again) that page 38 tells you about the green arrows. If they are pointed 1 way, it means focus point is in front of your subject or behind your subject.
I cannot believe how much I still learn from the manual!
Nancy

The arrows tell you which direction to go to get correct focus. They've always been there. At least in MY D7000! :)

Most reactions

Back