Focusing

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by danherz, Nov 10, 2006.

1. danherz

danherz TPF Noob!

Is there any good tips or techniques on making sure your pictures are in good focus? I almost always use manuel focus, and even when it appears to be in focus in my view finder, after I upload the pic to my computer it is a little bit out of focus. I am using a d70

2. benhasajeep

benhasajeep TPF Noob!

When you manual focus does the camera indicate in focus. There is an indicator in the viewfinder. I don't know for sure, but I would bet someone makes a split focusing screen that you can change out into the camera.

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Is your eye-piece set correctly? I think the D70 has an adjustable one...so that you could adjust it to use without glasses (if you have them)...if that adjustment is off...and you are manual focusing...the images will be O.O.F.

4. danherz

danherz TPF Noob!

it does have that, that would make sense to because if I put it on AF it looks O.O.F. through the view finder. Ill check that when I get home, thanks

5. danherz

danherz TPF Noob!

:thumbup:
    I always went by my eye, I was un-aware that it had that in the view finder, thanks for the heads up that should help me out to.

6. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's also possible that your camera/lens is slightly out of whack...and is not focusing correctly. An easy way to test focus it to get close to a page with words on it (book, newspaper etc)...and shoot at an angle with your largest aperture (low F number). Focus on something in the centre and then check the images carefully. The part that you focused on should be the sharpest spot and the words should get more O.O.F. as you get farther away from that point. If the in focus point is somewhere besides where you focused the lens...then you may have a problem.