Fog tree

Peter42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ipernity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In a small distance to our airport, i made this one at the beginning of 2008, it was that foggy that day, that i had to stop the car and went outside to make some pics, this is one of them.

greetings peter
Instead, i´m not allowed to post attachments, here the link:

Hey, Peter. Wow! That is foggy. So foggy that it's killing all your contrast and sense of depth. Maybe you can work a little contrast and depth into the photo via some selective burning in PhotoShop. This is going to look pretty bad, because I spent all of 2 minutes on it, but maybe it'll give you an idea, if you like the direction.

PeterFogPictureforumadjust.jpg

I like Dick's suggestion on this. I think the base of the tree should stand out as if the fog is floating on the surface of invisible air.

The fog is simply killing your contrast as Dick said. Otherwise, I like the concept. Too many people are afraid of fog, when in reality, they make great photographs!

-Nick

Hi Peter, and welcome to ThePhotoForum!
Whereabouts is "your" airport then?
I got one quite close to my place, too, though it is tiny, and all forgotten, but I WOULD (in theory) find trees like this in its vicinity, too. And we also had a lot of fog at the beginning of the last year, too.
I agree about the fog being very, very dense, so much so that the photo has lost its depth. But sometimes fog acts just like that, doesn't it?

Hi Corrina,
thanks for your welcome, i pass daily the FMO in my way to work at Münster.

So, the image was handcutted by the ocular, i like the softness much in that one. The autofocus of my cam doesnt work on that scenery, so i had to set it manually.
Und wenn es interessiert, ich komme aus Ibbenbüren mit dem Kohlekraftwerk. ;)

greetings peter

Ah, then I know where you are. Not that I've ever really BEEN to your town, but I have come past the Autobahn exit often. :D
And I have seen the fog in the area! It is there - also quite often. I really like that stretch along the A1 quite much, mostly so that hilly part just south of the resting area of Tecklenburger Land (or is it still north of it, closer to Osnabrück??? Oh, oops, forget). But we always speed past that hilly area, never would we stop (would be dangerous, too).

We're a little further north - you can see what "my" countryside looked like in the days around the change of the years here .

And if you've got MANY HOURS of time to read and read and look at photos (and your computer is fast enough to open the pages quickly), then I recommend this_thread to you. You might find it interesting, and in the end you might think it sad you only joined NOW and not a year sooner ;) ;) ;).

Most reactions

Back