Fog

john.margetts

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lovely sunny day yesterday but not a lot of time. Plenty of time today and what do I get? Thick fog! Nil desperandum (as Horace said) I took my trusty Panasonic out for a walk (and this is rapidly becoming my favourite camera) and photographed the Witham.

I found processing these quite difficult. Part of me was saying "set your black point, set your white point, white balance? Contrast?". Another part was saying "Fog! Keep it grey. Sod the detail." These are the result: some detail, some contrast, and I got rid of the small amount of colour I actually managed to capture.

Lincoln-fog_0047_edited-3.jpg

Lincoln-fog_0052_edited-1.jpg
Lincoln-fog_0049.jpg

I really like that 2nd shot but I would clone out the cars on the right as they don't fit with the rest. I like the last one too but it needs to be straightened. With that horizontal line in the bridge it makes the slight tilt very distracting (to me, ymmv).

Yes, the bridge could probably be straighter. Lincoln is very hard to get straight as so much of it is actually leaning - the buildings on the left are vertical in the picture and levelling the bridge would make them lean (which they might well do).

Most reactions

Back