vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi folks,

well, i decided to try something other than my regular landscapes. I discovered an old abandoned train near auckland domain and decided to take some shots - if i could get your feedback here it would be great... i am trying to step out my usual territory and try something different :)

fokus2.jpg

fokus3.jpg

window1.jpg

plants1.jpg

train1.jpg

train2.jpg

looks very interesting .. the type of stuff my hubby does :D .. good luck on your venture .. im always challenging myself .. a little research helps

I like #2 a lot, although I would have centered the square with the red on the bottom (horizontally, not vertically). I like how the rigid geometric structure of the rail car contrasts with the chaotic graffiti.

#5 and #6 (BW) have potential. I like how the paint looks in BW; it almost has a texture. Get closer; go abstract.

#3 is blah. Framing adds emphasis, but I don't see what is being framed here. It is a solid pattern and color; I would like it better just edge to edge. Also the frame implies vehicle, while the framed subject seems to have no relationship to any vehicle. It's not doing it for me.

Number 3 really stands out with it's framing (what is it by the way?).

#3 is blah. Framing adds emphasis, but I don't see what is being framed here. It is a solid pattern and color; I would like it better just edge to edge. Also the frame implies vehicle, while the framed subject seems to have no relationship to any vehicle. It's not doing it for me.

number 3 is from the inside of the train's front window looking out. have to agree a bit with matt here, i nearly didn't post this one because i wasn't sure if i liked it or not... but thats why i wanted to get feedback :). I find the colours pretty and it interesting- but something is missing...

anyways its good to hear what you folks are saying... its very helpful!

Mark, hey!

I'd say that your venture out of landscape photography towards something new was (and will hopefully continue to be) very successful!
I love photos of old trains, though photographing those is not "my domain" but that of my sister, so the theme of your "new photos" speaks to me - and the way in which you capture it even more.

No one has ever said they like the upright photo, so again I'll be the odd one out here and say: that one appeals to me much.
It is VERY bright, and VERY colourful, and I usually tend to like photos that are somewhat "economical" with their colours, but I like the abundance of them in this one!

(Other than that I'm envious that YOUR upright photos stay nicely large and unblurred, even on the screen, when my picture server makes ANYTHING upright small and very blurry - which does not happen on my screen after the scan, but after loading my pics up to my picture server for their URL).

No doubt that the first of the two b+w ones is special!

Hey it's always fun to try taking pictures of new genres. Your pictures turned out great. Since the third one is making all the commotion here I'll say a few words myself. At first I liked number 3 but now that I've looked at it a few times it kind of has lost something. I think it's because your pictures are really sharp and the initial shock of it gave it a good impression.

The green is also very bright and colorful which probably help with the "shock" reaction. At first I found the composition interesting but now that the shock factor is over and I find it lacking somehow. I scratch my head on this one...the green is still really nice though. Is that true colors? Also I forgot what camera you are using. Great tone and colors.

1) I like this one because of the red frame being in focus and
the 'Fokus' graffiti being out of focus. I'd crop the bottom part
and some on the left

2) doesn't do it for me

3) kinda feel it, but I'm missing the subject

4) like the colors, not crazy 'bout the composition

5) I like the angle and the glow of the writing - nice contrast, too

6) nope

anyhow, a great attempt to get out of your box...

Most reactions

Back