Folk Tale

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by doli, Jul 2, 2005.

1. doli

doli TPF Noob!

I was trying... something comical. I burned the background and the bowl because it was washed out... but I wanted it to look a little cartoony.
    Does anyone get that it's supposed to be Goldielocks!
    I took this with a Fuji finepix Digital with flash, my film (no flash) is still being processed of the same shoot.
    [​IMG]

Thanks again!

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, since you told us right away, we have little chance to find out for ourselves if we would have thought of Goldilocks upon looking at this photo.
    As a German, I might not have, since the story is not foremost in our German minds, we know other stories better, so I might not have assumed she was to present Goldilocks. And, hmph, you give others little chance to guess.
    Her locks are very golden, that much is true!
    I like the contrasts in this, though I don't like to see the filled spoon as close to her mouth as it is. But that is a personal thing.
    I'm now curious to see the no-flash-photo-on-film pic!

3. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

i kind of like it, dont think i would have got the goldielocks thing...

The burning in on the wall is a bit brutal, cut the hand off holding the spoon too...

the colours are weird in a good way i think

like the photo, but im not entirely sure why

4. DramaDork626

DramaDork626 TPF Noob!

Well, firstly, I don't like the cropping job, by that i mean the spoon seemingly coming out of nowhere, I think this would have been cooler had you gotten her whole body, maybe give her a cute goldilocks dress. It looks a little too much like a candid picture of a girl eating breafast. Overall I just don't think it expresses what you were trying to get across.
    On the other hand, I like what you did with the hue and contrast. Keep that in mind if you try the shot again.

5. doli

doli TPF Noob!

If I get anything worth keeping from the film shoot... I'll post this week...
    thanks for all the feedback.