Double H

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Around the corner from the Turkey Hill, PA
Website
doublehmedia.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One year later, and it already time for Waylon's two-year portraits. His mommy informed me she will be coming to me until he gets married. Gotta love a life long friend who becomes a life-long customer.

waylon_childrens_portraits-7-399x600.jpg

waylon_childrens_portraits-3-840x558.jpg

waylon_childrens_portraits-2-840x559.jpg

waylon_childrens_portraits-10-840x559.jpg

More on my blog

I like the shots DoubleH. For the 4th shot was that the natural color of the wall or did you use a gel?

I like the shots DoubleH. For the 4th shot was that the natural color of the wall or did you use a gel?

Hey, there we go. Thanks mdk. That is my family room wall color. The blue was a backdrop I started out with, then we went for the warmth of the walls. Something is up, though, with the sharpness after resizing these for web. They look soft here, I'll have to check my settings.

Nothing? I know these images do not suck, and are far better than some of the crap on here that gets five pages of discussion. Perhaps it's time to find another place to post.

hahaha I was going to say that I loved the first and last one, but then I read this and was incapacitated for 20 seconds while laughing at you. Then I decided to post anyway.

Hey, there we go. Thanks mdk. That is my family room wall color. The blue was a backdrop I started out with, then we went for the warmth of the walls. Something is up, though, with the sharpness after resizing these for web. They look soft here, I'll have to check my settings.

yeah they do look soft, not sure whats up. So in the 4th shot what kind of light setup did you use? I like the way his face is lit up but also the light being cast on the wall looks good. Single light or two for the shot?

yeah they do look soft, not sure whats up. So in the 4th shot what kind of light setup did you use? I like the way his face is lit up but also the light being cast on the wall looks good. Single light or two for the shot?

Two lights. Key light through big shoot-through umbrella was up and off to camera left, up high behind to camera right was another light with barndoors and a paper towell diffuser. Thanks.

To me, it looks like focus was slightly rearward of where it should be... Check the full size to make sure. These are too small to tell.

Nothing? I know these images do not suck, and are far better than some of the crap on here that gets five pages of discussion. Perhaps it's time to find another place to post.

Well your attitude changed my post from critiquing your photos to just poinying out that you have an attitide problem.

lol, ya you gotta post crap for us to spend 5 pages to laugh at, you didn't know that?? lol! :lmao:

I like them, the crop in the last one is off, i'd get more of the train on the bottom... i'm not sure if i like him behind a blue backdrop either... something with his skin color and that light blue aren't mixing well to me... it makes him look sick or something.

HAHAHAHA this is your face ---> :grumpy:

solid attitude right there. you need to chill out :lol:

the softness kills it for me personally...i do like the last shot lighting looks good. i wish the hand/toy werent cropped out in the 2nd shot...

You said the problem right there.

Typically, the photos that get the most attention are the ones that aren't very good (or the NSFW ones for that matter). The reason for this is that most everybody who posts feels free to critique images that they can see the problem with (I.E. rule of thirds, and distracting backgrounds are the primary). If your images look more like intended portraits and are reasonably good you aren't going to get much critique. Especially if you don't ask for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back