food color in water C&C

alarionov

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok so I seen some photos like this so I tried but had a very difficult time getting it in focus. How do you accomplish this shots if you have done them before.

3242118101_48ce03626d.jpg

3242092825_2542cba09a.jpg

ISO 200
1/20
F5.6

I like these as abstracts... reminds me of jellyfish!

thanks. I am annoyed that I could not get them in focus, I tried both manual and auto focus. I think next time I will try a faster shutter.
At the resolution you show here, they seem to be pretty sharp... but I'll admit I'm not wearing my glasses at the moment!

Manual focus is probably best with things like that where the color is moving around. A smaller aperture will make the focus less critical, but require a longer exposure, which creates more "motion" blur, or more light to maintain the same shutter speed.

At the resolution you show here, they seem to be pretty sharp... but I'll admit I'm not wearing my glasses at the moment!

Manual focus is probably best with things like that where the color is moving around. A smaller aperture will make the focus less critical, but require a longer exposure, which creates more "motion" blur, or more light to maintain the same shutter speed.
I actually bought some clamp on work lights today and I did use them, well there is always another time. :sexywink:

I actually bought some clamp on work lights today and I did use them, well there is always another time. :sexywink:
Yes, there is.

There's no EXIF data in the images you posted, so I don't know what the aperture was.

Remember, smaller aperture (higher f number) means more focus over a longer range. That helps with moving targets!

Yes, there is.

There's no EXIF data in the images you posted, so I don't know what the aperture was.

Remember, smaller aperture (higher f number) means more focus over a longer range. That helps with moving targets!

ISO 200
1/20
F5.6

ISO 200
1/20
F5.6
Yeah, I'd definitely want to go toward f/11 or so... shutter and/or ISO dependent on metering, though I wouldn't go slower on the shutter.

I like the fact that you're experimenting so much and trying different things. You're learning a lot right now.

According to the data from photozone.de, f/5.6 is the sweetspot of your lens. As you did, manual focus is the right method..... just find the right spot and you're golden.

According to the data from photozone.de, f/5.6 is the sweetspot of your lens. As you did, manual focus is the right method..... just find the right spot and you're golden.
I am limited by the kit lens however it is definitely a learning challenge.

Most reactions

Back