FOOD FIGHT - CULINARY FIGHT CLUB

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok so here's the idea. Serve up your home nightly cooked dinner! Not going for quality imagery but rather taste bud delight!

My wife cooked a traditional Vietnamese holiday meal. Pork N' Egg. This would be made for Tet and any visitor to your home would be welcomed and sat down to eat.

478063_10200239829971632_1069568040_o.jpg

Not from tonight, but. . . I am an Executive Chef by trade, I actually don't do too much cooking at home. When I do though, I typically document everything for recipe threads on another forum I moderate. Do it all step by step, from the mise en place to the final plate and everything in between.

8052794257_b5ca302cbc_b.jpg

My adaptation of Beef Bourguignon. . . NO Mushrooms (I don't care for them), didn't have Pearl Onions so I caramelized my own Maui Sweets . I used Diced Tomatoes for some richness and filler, while everything stewed down. A splash of soy, and a LITTLE bit of Hendersons Relish provided the umami that the mushrooms would have provided. . .1 Bottle of Cardinal Zinfandel, almost a quart of beef stock, dredged beef(Sirloin tips), all over Redskin Mashed Potatoes.

I don't have a lot of food photos, but I do love to make scratch pizzas. Here are a few small pics from Facebook.

$33568_1455609515190_1956967_n.jpg

A large-diameter, pan-filling thinner-crust style I make for football games. Sliced mushrooms, sliced green peppers, pineapple, mozarella cheese, tomato sauce.

$170646_1606241400893_3578909_o.jpg

A more "artisanal style" pizza I make with a thick crust. Artisanal is the name I use when I roll the dough out in a half-assed fashion and make it sloppily 'cause I am in a hurry. This is large, thin-sliced Canadian bacon, real fresh pineapple chunks, and loads of cheese and zesty tomato sauce on a thick, soft, homemade crust.

$172326_1663356988747_6159286_o.jpg

Another "artisanal" crust, a small 12-i ch diameter pie, this one cooked on a very dark, 22-year-old old pizza pan that makes the crusts crisper than a new "bright" pan will. This pizza is made with a preparation variation that I like to do: I grate the mushrooms, so there are thousands of thin slivers of mushroom on the pizza...it makes the mushroom flavor very intense, and allows them to cook well in the relatively short baking time. Thick-sliced Canadian bacon, pineapple, and most of the cheese covered with grated mushrooms.

I am an Executive Chef by trade...

I'm in the DC metro area. Where do you cook? I'm a tax attorney but I tell all my friends and family that I missed my calling as a chef. It's my passion. BBQ mostly, but also other things.

Here are some baby back ribs I smoked last weekend:

8682025752_28c2d88583_z.jpg
[/URL] IMAG0781 by jwbryson1, on Flickr[/IMG]

^nice! im in a rib cookoff this weekend! ;)

^nice! im in a rib cookoff this weekend! ;)

Awesome! What do you smoke 'em on? I use a Weber WSM 22.5. Got 2 of those along with an offset smoker and a gas grill, but that's more for steaks, etc.

EDIT: GOOD LUCK! SMOKE ON!!

Tonight's dinner, ginger chicken.

72139_10200258001825917_1540925424_n.jpg

Looks good! Does your wife make spring rolls? We hosted a couple from Viet Nam that cooked us a wonderful meal and I can't remember all the dishes, but was very good.

I made this the other day since we had Turkish friends over. Couscous with chickpeas & tomatoes & feta. My new favorite dish.

$Couscous.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back