Food is on my mind - C&C

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by RinconPhoto, Jan 21, 2010.

1. RinconPhoto

RinconPhoto TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well I have recently cooked some meals for the wife , Then I realized why not practice and take photos ... Hope you enjoy . I do want to say at the time I was taking the photos I wasnt thinking till after I ate that I should have gotten closer on the bottom 3 photos .....Please C&C .. I really need some pointers :thumbup:

[​IMG]
    Sausage & Meat Sauce

[​IMG]
    Spagetti & sausage/meat sauce , sprinkled parmesam/romano cheese & garlic bread sticks

[​IMG]
    White Rice & Pinto Beans , Steak with Pepper & Onions , Brocolli and a slad with Italian Dressing .

[​IMG]
    My wife's Plate - White Rice & Bean Sauce , Steak with Mushrooms with Brocolli and a salad with Spicy Italian dressing

[​IMG]
    My plate - White Rice & Pinto beans , Porkchop & Asparagus - My wife's plate - Mash Potatoe with gravy , Porkchops & Asparagus

2. TiCoyote

TiCoyote TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    My biggest problem here is that the lighting is dull and yellow. In #1 I would like to see the closer rim of the pan more in focus. #3 is such a strange angle, it looks like the bowl is going to fall off the table. Was this intentional?

The final shot does not look carefully composed. Think about the relationship of subject to background to edge. Why is the table edge crooked? Why can I see the cabinets? Why is the right plate cropped?

Meanwhile, your wife is very lucky. Food looks delish!

3. Shelly1204

Shelly1204 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I love how you spend so much time describing the food, and absolutely no info on what you're specifically unhappy with, or what look you were going for other than a snapshot.

Have you tried not shooting in auto?