Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Market__DSC2987.jpg

Market__DSC2983.jpg

Market__DSC2956.jpg

"In Buddhism, orange (or more precisely saffron) was the colour of illumination, the highest state of perfection.[23] The saffron colours of robes to be worn by monks were defined by the Buddha himself and his followers in the 5th century BC. The robe and its colour is a sign of renunciation of the outside world and commitment to the order. The candidate monk, with his master, first appears before the monks of the monastery in his own clothes, with his new robe under his arm. and asks to enter the order. He then takes his vows, puts on the robes, and with his begging bowl, goes out to the world. Thereafter, he spends his mornings begging and his afternoons in contemplation and study, either in a forest, garden, or in the monastery."

Market__DSC2948.jpg

Market__DSC2936.jpg

There are many varieties of rice and, tbh, they look the same to me.

Market__DSC2932.jpg

Two of the many varieties of bananas, the yellow ones are good eaten as fruit, the green ones seem to be a kind of plantain and are roasted.

Market__DSC2933.jpg

Last edited:
D'ya get the feeling that there's just a wee difference between the capability of the North American digestive system and the rural Asian digestive system?

More the tolerance of the different systems.
No matter how careful I am, I get one case of Traveler's Tummy.

I like these photos. It's nice to be able to see what something as simple as "going to market" is like somewhere else. Similar yet without all the modern conveniences we take for granted here. Although the lack of sanitation is a little disturbing.

Most reactions

Back