Food photography C&C please

shaunly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm redesigning my restaurant dessert menu and these are some of the new pictures I took. CC are welcome. Thank you
4902510859_219a7ec3f5_z.jpg

4902510099_c5991f96c8_z.jpg

4902510263_b264a48ced_z.jpg

4902509747_be4d9b9c58_z.jpg

4903094958_31f73fe101_z.jpg

They look pretty good. Only the 5th one the whipped cream looks overexpsosed. I'm wanting an icecream now. If you are isolating these then you might try for some more lighting and a white background, otherwise the desserts themselves look fantastic.

**EDIT: Oh and watch the focus near the strawberries at the front on number 5.

Styling looks good, good enough to eat :)

The lighting isn't doing it for me.

Can you find a spot with natural light and use a reflector ?

And drop the iso, the food isn't going anywhere...

Cheers, Don

I'm hungry now...Nice shots but yeah, 5 is a tad overexposed.

Dont cut off the plates. Also, lose the busy distracting plates in the first two. The clean white classics let the food shine better.

To me, the whites are blown in every shot...not just #5...this ruins it for me and I would do a reshoot and put your LCD monitor on the "highlights" setting that way you can take a quick glance to see if you've clipped the highlights on the shot before moving on.

1) All are overexposed
2) You need more sophisticated lighting, with some light from behind to show contours. The main light appears to be too close.

1) All are overexposed
2) You need more sophisticated lighting, with some light from behind to show contours. The main light appears to be too close.

That's what I'm thinking. The whipped cream and whites of the food are pretty much blown while the white plates are bordering on changing to gray from lack of light. That's massive fall off for such a short distance.

Thanks everybody for the tips. Let me go back and make some adjustment. Maybe a reshoot as well.

Most reactions

Back