Food & Wine!

I dunno, Terri. I mean I've had some fabulous German Rieslings before but I'm an Alsatian at heart.

:heart: Zind-Humbrecht
:hugs: Weinbach

Hey, they do Open Table! :thumbup: Not too bad a wine list, at least they sport German rieslings....the best in the world.

You can also order by the glass from their reserve list. :lovey:

Always nice to see a decent BTG list, though I typically go for a bottle.

It's so funny, but every riesling I've had outside Germany just tastes awful to me - especially US Oregon or Washington riesling. They need to stop!!

Terroir is a funny thing. :lol:

The Mosel warriors like their 9% alc/vol. I tend to prefer something a bit drier. Alsatian wines just have such great mineral and floral character.

Have you had the Chateau Ste. Michell Eroica Riesling? Tastes pretty German to me. Good amount of residual sugar, lots of honey, beeswax, and petrol.

The Mosel warriors like their 9% alc/vol. I tend to prefer something a bit drier. Alsatian wines just have such great mineral and floral character.

Have you had the Chateau Ste. Michell Eroica Riesling? Tastes pretty German to me. Good amount of residual sugar, lots of honey, beeswax, and petrol.
I used to like that producer's cabernet; last time I had one I found it overoaked. Admittedly, it was young. I have really developed an intolerance for oak - don't even get along with much out of California these days unless it has some good age on it.

The Mosel warriors like their 9% alc/vol.
I know - isn't it fabulous? :mrgreen: With a gorgeous chill on it, goes down like water on a humid southern night.

If the price is right I might try the riesling; BUT I won't hold my breath that it will suit my flavor profile.

It will suit your flavor profile just fine, but it weighs in around $24 at most retailers. 2004 was my favorite vintage in the last few years.

It will suit your flavor profile just fine, but it weighs in around $24 at most retailers. 2004 was my favorite vintage in the last few years.
Ha! Funny you should say that. I just hollered out to Brad (husband the true wine geek) to ask if we had any Alsatian rieslings in the cellar, and he pulled out a 2004 Domaine Weinbach Cuvee Ste Catherine. He said he's been wanting to hold it for another summer or so before springing it on me - probably will be blind, knowing him. ;)

Have you had this one - thoughts?

I can't remember whether it was the St. Catherine or the Schlossberg that I had, though I think it was the Catherine.

I dunno if you'll like it. It's really interesting...definitely on the drier side. I found it kind of inaccessible at first- it has a lot going on. A lot of minerality, and really floral, but somehow it's also really rich w/o sugar, oak, or malo. I can't quite place how they do it. I'm ranting. I think it kind of confused me, though I remember it being excellent. I wouldn't drink it ice-cold.

I can't remember whether it was the St. Catherine or the Schlossberg that I had, though I think it was the Catherine.

I dunno if you'll like it. It's really interesting...definitely on the drier side. I found it kind of inaccessible at first- it has a lot going on. A lot of minerality, and really floral, but somehow it's also really rich w/o sugar, oak, or malo. I can't quite place how they do it. I'm ranting. I think it kind of confused me, though I remember it being excellent. I wouldn't drink it ice-cold.
I noticed 13.5% alcohol so I'm prepared for some mouth-puckering. whew! I don't mind at all giving it some bottle age.

Good call. One thing I'll give the Alsatians is that they perform excellently w/ aging.

UK wine is making a comeback, actually that can't be right, we were never anywhere to make a comeback to, but the Tenterden Vinyards near where I live produce some interesting reds and whites under the label Chapel Down.

Just thought i'd get in there and sing the praises of some local hooch when the opportunity arose.

If you're interested have a look here:

http://www.englishwinesgroup.com/

You guys might have a respectable wine making climate in a few years if global warming keeps it up.

UK wine is making a comeback, actually that can't be right, we were never anywhere to make a comeback to, but the Tenterden Vinyards near where I live produce some interesting reds and whites under the label Chapel Down.

Just thought i'd get in there and sing the praises of some local hooch when the opportunity arose.

If you're interested have a look here:

http://www.englishwinesgroup.com/
Have you tried any of these, Scurra? Nice product photography on that site - makes me thirsty for one of those whites! :lol:

niagara falls has some good wine!!

Most reactions

Back