football

absolut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
during football game. Have lots of photos from this game but this one probably I like most. what do you think?

1064707308_gal_13959.jpg

Where did you take it?!?!?! Surely not in Poland :D:D huh
But it is a lovely photo. Especially girls' expression. She looks so patient

mentos_007 said:
Where did you take it?!?!?! Surely not in Poland :D:D huh

that was in Bossier City, LA. Since it was shot at I guess 1600 thus the noise. I have another version, in which the noise is cleaned up and it looks much better. It's a pity i didn't have it on any site for uploading it here.

Newbie alert! What do you mean "Since it was shot at I guess 1600 thus the noise" by that statement?

Great shot. :) Wonderful composition.

van said:
Newbie alert! What do you mean "Since it was shot at I guess 1600 thus the noise" by that statement?

Great shot. :) Wonderful composition.

I mean that the ISO speed was 1600 and hence I got the digital noise. Cannot articulate it simpler ;)

:) Coming from a painting background into photography has been a big plus in a lot fo areas. I already have a good grasp of color, composition, etc...but the camera jargon leaves me lost a lot of the time. So, thanks for letting me know what you were talking about.

van said:
:) Coming from a painting background into photography has been a big plus in a lot fo areas. I already have a good grasp of color, composition, etc...but the camera jargon leaves me lost a lot of the time. So, thanks for letting me know what you were talking about.

Talking about digital film or normal film speeds once you increase its speed (measured in ISO or ASA) then you get the noise (in digital) or greater grain (in normal film). There are also other techniques like for instance push photography, which is about using a film of given ISO but choosing exposure values as if it's the higher or lower ISO film. When developing it you have to treat it as the film of the speed you changed to (same if you have it developed in the shop you have to tell them what ISO speed you changed the film to).

rgds.

Very sweet picture. The noise doesn't bother me at all. Only ~tiny~ nitpick....I think I'd like it better if it were just a smidge brighter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back