terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I've been playing in the toners again. :razz:

This is from an infrared negative (HIE). Brad and I were in Florida a couple years back in a State Park. We walked all the way out on this peninsula towards sunset, then turned and walked all the way back. When I looked back, I saw that ours were the only footprints and could not resist this shot.

I decided to dual tone this print. I bleached for about 20 seconds, rinsed the print, then gave it about 10 seconds in sepia toner. After a quick wash, I slipped this in selenium, 1:20, for about 20 seconds, to deepen the blacks.

Not sure how well all the color shifts will show up from this scan, but I can say with assurance this is probably the most archival print I own at the moment. :lol:

584-Footstepsatthebeach.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Terri ... you lost me at 'I decided to dual tone ...' so I'll just comment on the comp ... I love it ... with both sets of prints, it makes me think of a card that would say something about 'where we've been has been amazing ... let's see what the rest has in store!' ... or something girlie like that!

Anyway ... nice shot!

Nice one...the duel tone sepia works great, love the compostion and the footprints, v.cool :thumbup:

ok, terri.. love sand/beach shots anyway, but this is great with the tones you picked... love it...

(thinking we need a poem writtin in the top left, huh pallie??)

would be great cover for a wedding album or 2nd honeymoon album...

cool shot, girl.

Love it...very nice contrast in the horizon area. Little too much grain int he sky for me for such small detail (the grain in the sky is bigger than some of the details in the sand area), but that might just be the scan.

Thanks, all!

April, I'd be honored with anything you and Nic wrote. :thumbup:

John, the grain is from the film. I shoot HIE and rate it at 360, partly for speed, partly to get some enhancement in the grain. ;) Not everyone's cup a' joe.

terri...awesome work. I gotta agree with anicole that this could be part of a greeting card series too. Love the look of it.
I suck at writting, but the title that comes to mind is..."Once we were together" Man.. thats too sad..:confused: Help me here April and Nicole. :D

terri said:
Thanks, all!

April, I'd be honored with anything you and Nic wrote. :thumbup:

John, the grain is from the film. I shoot HIE and rate it at 360, partly for speed, partly to get some enhancement in the grain. ;) Not everyone's cup a' joe.

filk...lilm...filmy...film?? Huh...what's that stuff? Is that some new photoshop technique?? ;) :p

Really though, I like grain...and I don't mind grain in the sky, it just seems to fight a bit with some of the tiny details in the land section. But the overall comp and the tonality make it minor to the point of being negligible.

Terri I have totally no idea what are you writting about because I have no idea what to do in darkroom :p but I love the picture :D

Sharkbait said:
filk...lilm...filmy...film?? Huh...what's that stuff? Is that some new photoshop technique?? ;) :p

Really though, I like grain...and I don't mind grain in the sky, it just seems to fight a bit with some of the tiny details in the land section. But the overall comp and the tonality make it minor to the point of being negligible.
Film is my favorite toy, silly! :biglaugh:

Mentos, it's just toning....I did it in my kitchen, actually - no darkroom required! Thanks, guys!

Beautiful shot, I like it a lot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back