Footprints in the sand

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by triggerhappy, Feb 4, 2005.

1. triggerhappy

triggerhappy TPF Noob!

Another one from my recent hike

[​IMG]

Inspired by digital matt, I thought I'd put a yellow colour cast on the bw image. I'm not sure if I've managed to get the methodology completely right. What do you think? Any preferences?

[​IMG]

2. Bafana

Bafana TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Im not in a position to comment on methodology but there's something about the 2nd one that captures my attention. Don't ask for explanation, i just like #2 better :D ...hmmm i think maybe it just has more life to it.

3. bronzeo

bronzeo TPF Noob!

Trigger, I like them both, and often add a little sepia like you have the yellow. I kind of prefer the b/w because of the cool look in the atmosphere. I have a comment and a question for you... I have noticed in most of you pics, that you have an unreal dof in your shots that I seldom see. They seem to be endless, like back when I had perfect vision. I got the same feeling looking at your circus on the wharf pic. Anyway, my questions are, what kind of lense setup do you use, camera, etc...is this shot on a tripod? Is it a stablizer lens? I really like your work.... bronzeo.oti

4. triggerhappy

triggerhappy TPF Noob!

Bafana, I know what you mean about #2. I feel that I can engage with it more then the pure bw.

Bronzeo, Thanks for you kind comments. I guess it helps that a lot of the photos I've been posting lately have been taken on the coast. Particularly in norfolk you tend to get these endless skys, which is partly why I like photographing there so much.

As for my settings. They are all shot handheld with Nikon D70 and the kit lens (24-85mm as I recall). I tend to shoot these ones between f6 and f8. Does that help?

5. mygrain

mygrain Friend to nose goblins everywhere

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    #2 is really cool Trig. nice work. It seems abit on the dark side though I almost lose the left figure in the horizon. Maybe just my monitor at work too.

6. iphoto

iphoto TPF Noob!

I liked both the versions. Color casting is making it quite interesting making clear difference between cool and warm feelings...my favorite is black and white :)

7. triggerhappy

triggerhappy TPF Noob!