Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sachphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For most people, finding a photographer is as simple as picking up a phone book and calling around. For others, they demand to see in depth portfolios and well designed catchy websites. In this Tech savvy world I have decided to design and start a simpler way for people to find photographers on the internet. I am creating a website in the design of a social networking site for photographers. It will not be a forum but users will be able to contact each other and leave messages. Imagine when someone types in.... "Idaho wedding photographer" and your name is one of the top listings or if somebody looks up "Oklahoma Photographer" and your name is there. People can click on your portfolio and see what you shoot. How long you have been shooting( if you want to add it) and what equipment you use. It would also have a link to your website and your contact information. I think this is a good idea and I would allow it to be free to join. With the scale I can build this to, it would allow for more exposure for newer photographers and more jobs for experienced photographers. I would like to find out how many people on here would be interested to join a site like this.
Please let me know.

Also I have a Poll of possible names for the site. Please Vote on what you think would be good. Or if you have an idea for a different name please let me know and I will look into it.

Thanks

Cheers...

I like the idea, but isn't Model Mayhem exactly the same? Except it's for models AND photographers.

Really not a fan of any and I seem to think this is very important. Can you come up with anyothers that are avalible?

do you mind if I make some suggestions of some!

Like www.FINDAPHOTOPRO.com
I love coming up with stuff like this so let me know

But if you are set to one of the top four I like the 1st and last!

PS I like the idea alot!

No this will be different. What I want is when people search; lets say "Washington photographers", is for My page to come up and people can see a list of profiles of photographers for that state with whatever you want people to know about you. I will optimize it to be high in search rankings allowing for maximum exposure. This is for people to find photographers. People will also be allowed to leave comments on your service. My goal is to help connect people with photographers. Instead of going from site to site to site sitting through hours of mindless hours of flash videos and music they can come to one central location and see a list of people's portfolios and information. People like convenience mixed with quality. Basically I am creating a free way to advertise for you company.

Question???
Lets hear them.

Really not a fan of any and I seem to think this is very important. Can you come up with anyothers that are avalible?

do you mind if I make some suggestions of some!

www.FINDAPHOTOPRO.com

Not Bad actually. Only thing is people like short catchy names.
It is not about the name but rather the content. However. I like that name.
I would add it to the poll but i do not know how. lol

bump.. Come people. I need input. This is a great opportunity to be able to advertise for your business for free.

Like I said I really like the idea. But over time you will need to have people become members to help you cover the cost. But I am sure you have thought of that.

I for some reason think the NAME or WWW. is one of the most important parts to get people to remember your site. Not everyone book mark pages

Some other Ideas

SearchPicPro.com

PhotoGuys.com

Find-A-Pro.com

PictureMakers.com

ProPICMakers.com

ProPicFinder.com

Just some ideas.... let me know if you want more

See is PhotoPros.com is taken.... I kinda like that!

Like I said I really like the idea. But over time you will need to have people become members to help you cover the cost. But I am sure you have thought of that.

Actually. It would cost me nothing but my time. I have a privileged hosting. The only cost would be that of buying the domain name. I like the names
but they are all taken...
Go to Godaddy.com and you can input names right there on the homepage and it will tell you it is available.
I am kind of partial to pazilla.com It is short easy to remember and it is catchy. I already own Granboo.com( it was for another idea but could work here.)
I will not charge for this service at all. If anybody want to give donations that is one thing but I am not going to charge for this. I want it to be a free service to help people build there business. I ave the ability to build it big and who ever wants to jump on for a free ride is more than welcome.

CHEERS....

Just cause I have to ask What does Pazilla or Granboo have to do with photography?

I will check godaddy and see if I can come up with some more

On the other subject of money. I have a small forum and I know if it grows donations will be added cause it does take a ton of time. The basic site could be free but if you want to have tons of addons and bonus stuff you could charge the pros that are advertising. Or bonus stuff for donations. Just a thought. I say run free to see if it takes off and it is great that you can host for free. Are you designing the site?

Just cause I have to ask What does Pazilla or Granboo have to do with photography?

I will check godaddy and see if I can come up with some more

On the other subject of money. I have a small forum and I know if it grows donations will be added cause it does take a ton of time. The basic site could be free but if you want to have tons of addons and bonus stuff you could charge the pros that are advertising. Or bonus stuff for donations. Just a thought. I say run free to see if it takes off and it is great that you can host for free. Are you designing the site?

Yes I'm designing the site. It is not that they have to do with photography, it is just that they are catchy names. What the heck is google. What is yahoo.

Ok you are so right with that last line!!!

Then NAME IT

PekabooPro.com

I was not trying to knock you by the way just asking... if they ment anything~!

Indeed. The point is that these are unique names, and hopefully people will associate that unique name with the service. People oft now think of the search engine first, the number later, when they hear "Google".

I'm partial to Pazilla as well. Catchy. Has a Z. Rolls off the tongue.

Sach, thanks so much for your efforts. I love this idea; it's awesome. And it definitely has the potential to bring an interesting change to how customers go about finding photographers. Sure it won't replace a yellow pages ad and solid marketing, but it's a freaking AWESOME idea. And I can see how it may be the best way of getting certain types of jobs (like high school senior portraits, say; I might have picked-up the yellow pages...20 times when I was a teen?).

Edit: I do hope you plan on telling people about the site once you get it up and running. Photogs that have podcasts like Martin Bailey, Photofocus (Scott Bourne & Rick Sammon), and TWiP might be up for spreading the word a little.

Most reactions

Back