For Lack of Somehting Better to Do...

canonrebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
For lack of something better to do....
lilac.jpg

nice shot mate!
the contrast and colours are quite good here. Purple and green are nice, striking colours together, if you can tell the lens, camera and settings you used for the shot that would be great.

hrrm, the V shape gives me a bit of trouble deciding where i should focus. most of the time if i see a shape like that I use it to frame an object in the distance. you do have another interesting shape blurred in the background but i am not sure its enough to hold my interest. perhaps burn some of the background green (like on the edges) a bit some the subject somes out more.

It was afternoon sun probably about 11:00 position to the subject.

ASA is always at 100 (this particular camera is unacceptable at other than 100 ASA)

Olympus c-3030 (3.4 mgpxl)

F-Stop opened to max (5.6)

Camera mode was macro

Distance from lense to subject was less than 12 inches

Contrast and crop adjusted with PhotoShop 7

I tried to make the crop relative to the "Rule-of-Thirds" compo scheme, but I wanted to keep both flower pods. I tried to place the forks of the "Y" at one of the quadrants, but that negated a tight crop. My final decision was to create diagonal lines from the top corners of the frame with the flower pods. Nothing worked for me, then I just decided that the only value in the picture was with colors and contrast. I did like the colors.

Rebel

Most reactions

New Topics

Back