For my fellow ferroequinologists...

Might be a little global warming contribution problem going on there.

Joe

Nice proper trains!!

Wish we'd kept more of our train lines :(

He's perfected the art of capturing a very impressive smoke plume! Always loved a train billowing up a nice big plume of smoke into the air along with the chug chug and all the rest.

Nice proper trains!!

Wish we'd kept more of our train lines :(

He's perfected the art of capturing a very impressive smoke plume! Always loved a train billowing up a nice big plume of smoke into the air along with the chug chug and all the rest.
Oh for crying out loud! You can't walk a mile in the UK without tripping over a heritage line, and many of them have running rights on high iron... you've got it good! Vancouver Island is only about 1/3 smaller than the entire UK and we have TWO, count 'em TWO very short, narrow-gauge heritage lines!!!!! :(

And here I was waiting for Thomas and his Friends. :confusion:

Wow, that first photo...just WOW.

I've got some tracks right down the road from me. Literally; at the end of my street, then across another street and there's a park--the train runs right along the edge of that small park. There's even a perfect spot to stand and safely get pictures of one. It's just that I'm afraid that even though I'd be safely off the tracks, it would still scare the bezoobies out of me. :lol:

I've got some tracks right down the road from me. Literally; at the end of my street, then across another street and there's a park--the train runs right along the edge of that small park. There's even a perfect spot to stand and safely get pictures of one. It's just that I'm afraid that even though I'd be safely off the tracks, it would still scare the bezoobies out of me. :lol:
Do you need your bezoobies?

Do you need your bezoobies?

Absolutely! Don't want my bezoobies out there, roaming around on their own!

I hope I can remember that word and use it in a sentence!

I probably should spend some time photographing trains. I've seen some very interesting sights right here in Iowa. I once saw a group (gaggle?) (herd?) of brand new locomotives heading to Mexico.

We have a local steam loco that runs tourist cars (out and back) in the summer.

Occasionally the Union Pacific fires up their 4-8-8-2 (IIRC) Big Boy for a quick run through the country.

That would be UP 3985, a 4-6-6-4 Challenger (the Big Boy's 'baby brother'). UP 4014 is a 4-8-8-4 Big Boy, and has recently moved from Pomona, CA to the backshop at Cheyenne, WY where they've started a full 'return-to-service' restoration on her.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back