For Sale: AF-S Nikkor 12-24mm DX 4.0 G ED Lens

Bevel Heaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bevelheaven.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I take meticulous care of my gear. This lens is AS NEW - used for 1 job, 1 weekend only - very recently purchased.

It looks and works like new - there is absolutely no wear, no blemishes, no fungus or scratches inside or outside of the glass or body. It is perfect.

Everything that came with the lens when purchased is included in the sale including; all paperwork, all packaging and box, both front and rear lens covers, lens hood. It is a constant f4 and does a great job of keeping the sides vertical etc for a wide lens...... I really like it but again, it is a DX .... Its gotta go!

Reason for selling: I am now FX [full frame] so my DX lenses must go.

Asking $1000 obo + $20 USA shipping + 3% paypal. I ship to confirmed paypal addresses only. No Checks, No IOUs, No CODs etc etc. If you want to pick this up and pay cash GREAT you can meet me at my shop in Concord California.

* This lens cost me $1225.00 and has received rave reviews.

Please give me a call at 925.586.6420 or email directly if you are interested and want to make me a close offer. THANK YOU for your consideration.

* A Special Note To The Price Police: If you want to comment on price etc, please email or call me directly as this is NOT a discussion area of the forum. In other words STFU :sexywink:

12-24a.jpg

12-24b.jpg

12-24c.jpg

12-24d.jpg

Great lens for anyone who is looking for a wide angle.

* A Special Note To The Price Police: If you want to comment on price etc, please email or call me directly as this is NOT a discussion area of the forum. In other words STFU :sexywink:

So then I take it by your threat that you know how much this lens really sells for? :er:

Where did you buy it? I think you paid too much... Sorry, just don't want to see anyone get ripped off, and I think you should tell that to the place you bought it from. They sold it for too much or something.

Hope you find a buyer, that does look like a nice lens!!

I think it should be made clear that this is a grey market version of the lens.

May I ask where you purchased it? Nikon will never touch a grey market lens for repairs or warranty work. Will the store you purchased it from provide a warranty? If so, will they honor it for someone without a receipt in their name?

Nikon | 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor AF Lens | 2144

/\/\/\/\/\/\ Brand new 999.00 shipped./\/\/\/\/\/\/\

That's the USA model. His is grey market so it's $10 cheaper than that, but also comes with no warranty since Nikon wont touch a grey market lens. Better hope this thing is flawless because you are SOL if anything goes wrong (even if it's a manufacturer defect).

Really not trying to bash the sale, just trying to get all the facts on the table since I find the post a little sketchy. Do any stores even sell grey market lenses other than online?

Holy cow batman

my lens is a USA version lens bought from Camera West in Walnut Creek CA for $1225 by me. I needed this for a specific job the following weekend, ....

Get a life peeps.... Do you knuckleheads go around to your car dealerships and tell them everything you feel is wrong with their adverts on vehicles you know NOTHING about as well?

Or your local camera stores and do the same? Do you stand in the doorway and warn everyone who walks in the door that you feel one of the bits of equipment on the used shelf might be purchased elsewhere for less?

I decided to buy a d700 a few months after buying this lens so sold my d300 and some other dx lenses. I got the same BS about my d300 when I posted it here as well so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Ended up selling that d300 for just about my asking too in spite of all the rude comments etc.

"obo" means "or best offer"

"Asking...." means this is a starting point. Or do you clowns not know these elementary bits of information?

Let it go - if you are not interested in BUYING this lens, then kindly MOVE ON

Last edited:
my lens is a USA version lens bought from Camera West in Walnut Creek CA for $1225 by me. I needed this for a specific job the following weekend, ....

Please do not misinform buyers. This is NOT a USA model and Nikon will NOT lay a finger on the lens if anything happens to it. Even if it is a manufacturer defect, Nikon USA will not accept it.

The price you paid is completely irrelevant from the sale. The actual price that people can attain the item for is the only relevant starting point.

Keh has one listed in Like New Condition for $645. Ill offer $650

josh - this is a usa model, whatever YOU have to say about it. I have all the paperwork as you can see in the photos. Kindly step off.

sachphoto, thank you for the offer but no thanks. PM sent with counter offer

Last edited:
josh - this is a usa model, whatever YOU have to say about it. I have all the paperwork as you can see in the photos. Kindly step off.

sachphoto, thank you for the offer but no thanks. PM sent

:roll:

Do me a favor, and kindly tell me what color you would say that box is? Now, what color box do you think a grey market lens comes in?:er: The paperwork does not matter, you may as well throw it out since Nikon will not warranty it.

you definately are missing something josh...........

This lens says US 360556 stamped on it - see photo below, which means it is a USA lens and you can see the paperwork in my photos which also says the same serial number. The paperwork also says "This is your NIKON Inc One Year Limited Warranty (valid in the Continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands).

Perhaps you should learn the definition of what "Grey Market" actually means, HINT - it doesn't refer to the color of the box.

12-24e.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back