For some reason I dug this Fire Hydrant..

EnterUserName

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does this look better in color or in bw and what am I doing wrong why are all my shots coming out sort of bluish?

dirtycs3os0.jpg

feeldirtybwni7.jpg

I like the color one best. It would be better if the image were rotated ccw a tad to straighten up the hydrant, but that could be just me. A little color correction should fix up the blue cast. The B&W version has too much blown out white space for my eye.

Try darkening the B&W a little bit it seems too bright to me... I would do it here at work but dont have photoshop here.

colour, i love it!! its really strinking. no idea about the blue effect, but i knidof like it!! as soon as i saw the colour one i thaught "wow!" it just struk me. the black and white one looks like the hydrant is kind of fading away, although better than i could ever do!
steff xx

Jzero said:
The B&W picture gets my vote. Good picture! How about playing around with it on the downloadable Beta version on Photoshop Lightroom available at the top of this page?

J

I am actually using cs3 (beta) Thanks for the tip though..

i like that last one with the sign the best, but if you jump into photoshop you can do some tweaking with the color balance and curves and get a more natural white look. you can also make the colors on the sign and hydrant stand out a lot more this way.

see what your white balance is set to though...

The colour one looks far better to me, the B&W is far too bright, I would suggest burning in certain areas and increasing the contrast, just play around with it. :)

My only crit would be to straighten up the hydrant just a tad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back