For the 1000th!

Big

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
coffmanimages.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, I wanted my 1000th post to be something special. So here goes. When I joined this forum, I was oblivious to how anything worked (not only on here but with any forum really). I came here looking for advice and did the typical noob thing and asked questions right off the bat without establishing any kind of relation with people. I have come to realize that it takes everyone to work together on here to keep things in line. I have seen many new people on here, some great, some not so but the fact is, we're all here to improve and help make ourselves better (with the exception of a few trollers...;))
I have learned many things during the past year of being a member here at TPF. I have gotten a much better grasp on things such as composition and most importantly, the exposure triangle. I am starting to venture out of the "normal" exposure on the meter and exploring under/over exposure to get the shot I think is right. I know more about cameras now than I ever have and I thank all of those who have helped me. I still have much much more to learn and I ain't leavin anytime soon! :mrgreen: I have even found myself giving tips to beginners who are just getting started. Photography makes me so happy and I hope to someday take pictures that are hanging on people's walls. Thanks again to everyone and here's to many more years of meeting great people! Anyway, enough blabbin, I gotta shoot my picture for my 365! :D

Edit: BTW as a celebration, I bought the 50mm 1.4! lol

Last edited:
Nice post. I've been here about a year and have learned tons.

BTW as a celebration, I bought the 50mm 1.4! lol

However, in one forum I frequent, "milestone posts" (1000, 5000, 10,000,--one guy is close to 200,000) are celebrated with "babe threads"--dozens of pics of scantily clad women (the membership is overwhelmingly male). I'm not sure that would go over very well here...:lol: (besides, we can post pics of naked women here--but we have to take the photos ourselves)

:cheers:

NIce BIG!

Makes me wanna keep on pluggin away at this racket. I'm sure you wont regret that fifty. Post some shots when you get the time.

Nice post. I've been here about a year and have learned tons.

However, in one forum I frequent, "milestone posts" (1000, 5000, 10,000,--one guy is close to 200,000) are celebrated with "babe threads"--dozens of pics of scantily clad women (the membership is overwhelmingly male). I'm not sure that would go over very well here...:lol: (besides, we can post pics of naked women here--but we have to take the photos ourselves)

:cheers:

hmmm where is this forum? :mrgreen:.....seriously

NIce BIG!

Makes me wanna keep on pluggin away at this racket. I'm sure you wont regret that fifty. Post some shots when you get the time.
I got it from adorama but the thing is, I had a 100 dollar rebate credit card I received when I bought my new phone so I figured I'd use it towards that but when you pay, it asks for your card number so I typed it in. Obviously I still need to pay the other $250. I tried calling them yesterday around 8 and they closed at 1:15 or something... I'm expecting an email soon lol. I just want it before next weekend! (goin on vacation!)

Congrats on the 1000 post Big! Btw I love the 50 1.4 lens. That lens is my #2 weapon out in the field.

Good choice. :thumbsup:

Man, I could have sworn you were already way over 1000...

edit
Wow, I'm getting close to the 5000 mark...

Wow, I have been noticing that I am almost there myself... I believe this post puts me at 999... lol, Maybe I should open a thread similar to yours. hmm..

Anyway, congrats!

I know what it is like to post alot, I have over 10,000 at another site - not photography though.

So, congrats and we look forward to many more...start with some shots from your new lens to keep us all happy!

Here it is!! First couple shots with the 50

25206_359558466670_618336670_4179415_2363574_n.jpg

And one basic one to show the bokeh! lol Yes it's diet Mt Dew... I gotta watch my girlish figure haha
IMG_2746-2.jpg

Happy 1000th! Big. You also deserve having 'your first gallery show'.

Congrats on the 1,000 post Big ... from one "NH'er" to another ... :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back