For the beginners to play with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryPH

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A little virtual camera to play with and see the effects of different changes between aperture, focus and shutter speed.

It's not ultra accurate, but it does give you an idea!

Link no longer works

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome. I just sent that off to several friends who are getting into the hobby. Thanks for posting, jerry.

Yeah, like Miaow I've seen the concept before too. But it was another implementation of this 'virtual camera' concept on another website. Neat to play around with, though. Thanks for the heads-up, Jerry.
But, TBH, I rather see it happen in my camera's real viewfinder. This is kind of akin to a 'dress-up Barbie doll'...

Nice little site. Like you said, not completely accurate, but it's all there. For this reason I also completely love the PlayStation 2 game Gran Turismo 4. It has a really good photo mode that can capture still or moving action, with various combimations of shutter speeds, camera placement, lens length, white balance, focus point, almost everything. You can even save the photos you take onto a USB memory stick and view it in high-res on your PC!

However, you can't have any "side effects" from various settings (e.g. a SS of 1/60 and f/1.4 gives the same exposure as 1/4000 and f/36). Still, great site!

That is way cool! What a great tool for people just getting into photography.

Nice find Jerry! This should be added to the FAQ thread. :thumbup:

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

TFS.... this is getting forwarded on to some friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back