1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

For the Birds

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Picksure, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Picksure

Picksure TPF Noob!

Not sure how many here are familiar with the Panasonic FZ-10 camera. This photo(the original) was taken at f4.6- 1/160 near full zoom and would love to get the flying wings stopped.

Meet Me in the Middle
    [​IMG]

I have some other with shutter up to 1/500 without any better results.
    Any suggestion?
    The camera f stop range is from 2.8 to 8.

2. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

Hi,

Firstly, I quite like the picture how it is!! However you'll need to get to more like 1/1000 or 1/2000 to get the action frozen completely. You're probably going to need to get closer and wait for a brighter day with your camera as you'll be needing more light and a lower depth-of-field to achieve those speeds I would think.

Rob

3. Picksure

Picksure TPF Noob!

Thanks Rob, I will git it a try with more light and a quicker shutter.

This camera, which I do like a lot has some limitations, as do my photo skills but I dont mind shootin' and learnin'. This palce has helped a lot.

BTW, glad you like the shot. :)

4. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    can you take something like 1/2000 with your camera? if so use those exposure times on f2.8 and you will stop the wings.