For the first time, a camera falls on the floor

danisat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
For the first time, a camera falls on the floor received a blow

Hope the camera and lens are ok, or the wallet will feel the pain.

Ouch

Hope the camera and lens are ok, or the wallet will feel the pain.

Ouch
It's the first time that I drop an electronic device hand and have passed through my cameras and equipment of great value since I work in radio and tv ... soon photos
The camera work ...I can not know exactly if it's okay what I see is that several exterior parts were damaged

I had My D600 with a Tamron 150-600 lens on a chair.
It slide off the chair and hit the floor.
The Mount was half broken off. I had to send it in to have it fixed.
I normally put my camera on the ground (or camera case, on tripod, etc) when not in my hands because it's not going to fall off the ground. Oh well, you learn your lesson.

I was wearing wool gloves because of the cold ... suddenly he slid to the floor ...
:apologetic:

Closest I've done so far was right after taking this shot:

Slipped and fell on my rear as I was climbing up out of the creek bed and my camera lens banged against a rock. Fortunately everything was okay although I've since replaced the camera for other reasons.

Yesterday the disarmament straightened some deformations and closed it again .... the machine works for now ... fallen with luck ...:allteeth:

I dropped a Nikon 14mm lens onto a tiled floor while changing it. The focus thread jammed. I applied the Naturopathic method. I dropped the lens from the same height but in reverse onto the tiles. All fixed.

The D800 was mounted on a tripod when a leg grip gave up. I watched from a distance as the camera hit the concrete.
Home insurance paid for the repairs.

A Fuji x t1 has has more drops than an ugly boyfriend. It’s a bit out of shape but works like a dream.

Fuji X E2 just up and left off the table while I wasn’t looking. It took a shot as it hit the floor so I know what time it happened. It was 2.32 am on 20170104. I think I have possums.

Moral of the story. Buy for impact resistance if you have possums or slippery hands.

I know that sickening feeling you experienced. I was carrying my camera by the lens and stepped on the strap as I went down concrete steps. It pulled the camera from my hands and it landed on the new grip I had put on. Camera was fine, but the battery grip stopped working. An instructor had told our class " Always carry your camera with the strap around your neck! ".

This thread is not doing my mental health any good!
scared-01.gif

My balance and hand-eye coordination never was that great to start with. Now, having passed my mid-60s, they're worse. Worse than that: My manual dexterity used to be terrific. I can still hear my mother, to this day, saying "It amazes me how you can work with such small parts with those gigantic paws of yours." Now my manual dexterity isn't so great, any more, either :(

I have got to make a decision on a strap. The sooner the better.

I know that sickening feeling you experienced. I was carrying my camera by the lens and stepped on the strap as I went down concrete steps. It pulled the camera from my hands and it landed on the new grip I had put on. Camera was fine, but the battery grip stopped working. An instructor had told our class " Always carry your camera with the strap around your neck! ".

that's right ... a great truth!!!

camera falling on concrete - the worst.

DSLR falling on concrete. Even worse >_<

:( I'm sorry....I remember when I dropped my (then new) mark iii & 24-70 in the mud :( Still works though, years later!

edit to add...mine was on a strap! My black rapid, but I slipped (in mud) and it hit the ground as hard as my butt did :/

Most reactions

Back