For those of you coming to DC, something to check out

Discussion in 'Locations & Meetup forum' started by DFB, Mar 20, 2006.

1. DFB

DFB TPF Noob!

Hey everyone,

I know I'm new to the forums here (I don't actually have a camera yet, only really posted a "suggest a model" thread) but I live in DC and wanted to clue you in to a really good photography show going on at the Smithsonian Hirshhorn Contemporary Art Museum right now while the meetup will be taking place here.

I imagine you'll be spending most of your time shooting the cherry blossoms coming up soon and seeing the sights here, but if you're interested in contemporary art and photography, you have to check out the Hiroshi Sugimoto show at the Hirshhorn. Here's the link: http://hirshhorn.si.edu/exhibitions/description.asp?ID=34

The museum's located at the Orange/Blue line Smithsonian metro stop and next to the Air and Space Museum.

The show will be here until mid-May. Here's the synopsis:

Hope you all enjoy your time in Washington. The weather should be just great and if you can put up with wading through all the tourists :p it should be a fun time to be here.

--DFB

2. Chase

Chase I am now benign! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Great info, thanks!

You're going to be there to help show us tourists around, right? :lol:

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This does sound wonderful! Thank you for the suggestion. :D

Yes, you should watch out for a big group of stumbling photographers during that weekend..... don't be afraid, we're harmless! :lol:

4. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

most definitely. i was there last wednesday. i have never seen such an awesome collection of seascapes in my life. how about the polar bear shot just prior to entering...brilliant work. i check out the hirshhorn every week for updated exhibits...it's well worth a visit. :thumbup: