For those of you who do Newborn/Baby photography.....

~Stella~

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just discussing this with some friends who have had wonderful newborn/baby images done in professional photo sessions....none were ever asked whether they would like to have nursing shots done and, particularly in retrospect, most would have loved to have an image of them breastfeeding the babies and regret not having them.

Some of the moms I spoke with said they didn't see anything on the websites or brochures and were a little too shy to ask for it (thinking it was out of the norm) so they didn't.

From a photography standpoint, I think an opportunity is being missed by some of you. Thoughts?

My wife is a nurse, specializing in infants, and the hospital she works at just set up a complete photo studio in the nursery to shoot these kinds of shots. Apparently they think the potential is there to make some money.

I really wanted to do nursing shots when my sister-in-law had her baby, but she didn't want to. She wouldn't even let me do any bare belly maternity pics so I wasn't surprised. I think they can be beautiful, just have to find mommas that are willing to do them.

I think it is a great idea! As long as the mom is comfortable, it could be a very special, treasured photo.

What about a checklist for potential clients? They could check off the shots they want. Plus, no one has to be embarrassed because they asked/were asked.

I always ask new Mamas if they want to get breastfeeding shots. I reassure them that I know how it feels to have embarrassing wobbly bits (being a nursing mom myself) and that I will shoot around them. I can also arrange the shot or explain how they can arrange their bodies/clothing to provide some modesty. I think it's a critical image to have for newborn/baby photography.

I've got a girlfriend who is pregnant now, and I mentioned to her if she was going to have maternity and newborn pics done with the baby and she said she hadnt even thought about it. SO I JUMPED ON IT! lol.... When she gets more into her fullterm months. Ive been lookin online everywhere at pics done for these special times and only on one website did i find a mother breast feeding. A mothers love at this time NEEDS captured on film! :heart:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back