For those that shoot wedding's......

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just wondering how you handle the wedding album part of it. Do you do it yourself, or do you contract out, or do you give the pictures to your client and have them deal with getting someone to make the album for them?

How many pictures do you put in the album? You probably offer different packages so what do they range and how much do you charge?

If you contract out to get the album done, how much does it cost you, and cost your client?

And finally, whats your usual turn around from the wedding day taking pictures and the time your client gets the finished album?

Sorry for all the questions, I just got curious what everyone's rates are and turn around time. More so how you do the wedding album.

I don't usually do albums. I point out that they are hiring me as a photographer, not a scrapbooker. I also point out that they can get the same high quality album most wedding photogs are charging $400 or $500 for about $90 from several places on the internet.

I know I could be making that $300 profit, but I don't want to sell albums, frames, etc... If I did I'd open a retail store. I want to do photography. Most of my customers appreciate the savings, and would rather do it themselves anyway, but I think I have lost business because I don't really offer a completed album.

I am interested in making my own handmade books and albums. Someday i may offer my handmade albums for sale to clients.

Yup, its an extra headache doing it possibly, but for the $300 makes it sound like its worth it. :0)

These online places you speak of, do you just provide them the images and they figure out the layout of it all? Or do you give them thumbnails of the images that they want and then the company emails you back asking for each print in said size? :0)

I offer 2 different packages. One, I just burn all the image files to CD and give that to the client. Two, for $100 more, I just get 4x6 prints made of all the shots, then stick them in an album. Neither way is much of a headache for me.

Most reactions

Back