For those who do a lot of editing...

cal_gundert05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...do you use a mouse, laptop trackpad, one of those tablets, something else? I just want to get a feel for what others are using. Which method do you find easier?

I know it depends a lot on WHAT you're doing (adjusting sliders is easier than doing a lot of extracting), so that would be good to know too.

Thanks.

I am naturally left-handed, so I'm at a big disadvantage right off the bat. That being said, doing alot of high-detail tracing and such isn't exactly a strong point of mine. But I'm not doing that with nearly any of my photos, just the occasional car photoshop challenge.

If I were to need the detail that I'm not able to get by being left-handed on a right-handed mouse, and my job required it, I'd look into getting a tablet.

I have tried using a tablet, and hoenstly, they are great things, once you have overcome the learning curve. I never got there and reverted back to a laser mouse. But I hope to borrow a tablet again.

I'd use a tablet if I had one freely avaliable to me. But I use a mouse.
Find it very difficult to use a laptop tracker, so I plug a mouse in for any editing.

I use the mouse for most of my basic editing, which is usually all I need. If I need to do a lot of detailed editing, I use my tablet. Sometimes the pressure sensitive pen can be a real boon.

well, cuz i'v been using ps for so long... i use the keyboard shortcuts alot, for virtually everything in ps that doesnt involve a brush!.... but i also use a high dpi mouse.

Of course keyboard shortcuts rock... but I also use a 4x5 tablet - makes things much faster and more accurate for me.

I use a keyboard and a Logitech MX Laser mouse. I found that the 3M Percise Optical mousing surface (mousepad) really helps with the smoothness of hand "painting" anything.

I'm left handed, but my I use my right hand on the track pad. I'm used to using my right hand for computer stuff because they always have the mouse on the right hand side...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back