For X-T1 owners.

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just to let you know about the persistent rumours of a new 4.0 "Keisen" firmware update coming 11th of May. They promise a much faster AF amongst other improvements. And it is free.. isn't it nice..

Also simplified, cheaper version of this camera X-T10 is coming on May 18th.

Just to let you know about the persistent rumours of a new 4.0 "Keisen" firmware update coming 11th of May. They promise a much faster AF amongst other improvements. And it is free.. isn't it nice..

Also simplified, cheaper version of this camera XT-10 is coming on May 18th.
the XT-10 doesn't really make sense to me, isn't that what the XE-2 is? I just really want an XPro-2. If they'd just go ahead and come out with that thing, I'd drop $5,000 on the system, tomorrow.

After spending some time with both, I think right now I'd go with an XE-2 over an XT-1. I'm a left eye shooter, and the viewfinder being in the middle boggles my mind, given that it's not actually TTL. Left side viewfinder is better ergonomically for both left and right eye shooters. The only reason it's in the middle for DLSRs is because that's the only way it can work without an extremely complicated mirror design. But with an EVF, you can put it wherever you want.

the XT-10 doesn't really make sense to me, isn't that what the XE-2 is? I just really want an XPro-2. If they'd just go ahead and come out with that thing, I'd drop $5,000 on the system, tomorrow.

After spending some time with both, I think right now I'd go with an XE-2 over an XT-1. I'm a left eye shooter, and the viewfinder being in the middle boggles my mind, given that it's not actually TTL. Left side viewfinder is better ergonomically for both left and right eye shooters. The only reason it's in the middle for DLSRs is because that's the only way it can work without an extremely complicated mirror design. But with an EVF, you can put it wherever you want.

I am a left eye as well and I hear what you are saying, but X-T1 EVF is so much bigger and better, I am ready to suffer. :cool-48:
A much larger EVF and a better grip swayed me towards X-T1. Lots of direct controls was another consideration, incl. ISO dial, but I do not use it too often to be honest, I am on Auto ISO. I probably would be fine with X-E2 in that respect. But X-T1 feels much better in the hand.
XPro- 2 promises to be a really cool camera, but they need to figure out how to speed up the AF if they want to build a real top pro body. I guess it will look more like X-T1 rather than XPro-1. They will definitely use a large EVF similar to X-T1, it adds to the bulk which looks much better when it is central, so I wonder how are they going to squeeze it in if they plan to keep the old XPro design.

I've shot with both the XT1 and the XE2 at the same event. I was surprised that the E2 could keep up with the XT1. For me, the XT1 performs much better than the E2. I checked with my camera shoppe and they don't have a clue when the XP2 will be announced. I've been shooting more stuff with the XP1 lately. I probably should get rid of the X100S.

I shoot with both eyes, but prefer the right. I like the VF in the middle. I can get greater stability and much more nose grease with a centered VF. An off center VF does look better.

Last edited:
I've shot with both the XT1 and the XE2 at the same event. I was surprised that the E2 could keep up with the XT1. For me, the XT1 performs much better than the E2. I checked with my camera shoppe and they don't have a clue when the XP2 will be announced. I've been shooting more stuff with the XP1 lately. I probably should get rid of the X100S.

I shoot with both eyes, but prefer the right. I like the VF in the middle. I can get greater stability and much more nose grease with a centered VF. An off center VF does look better.
Yeah, I go back and forth. There are things I like about both. That, plus the lack of a fuji 200mm true f/2.8 are the main reasons I haven't gone full fuji yet. At this very moment I have a X-E2, 56mm, 35mm and 10-24mm system in my cart on amazon. $2500 but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger knowing it's not really the camera I truly want and also knowing I'll need to sell off my DSLR system to justify it, but then I'd be missing 140-200mm

Yeah, I go back and forth. There are things I like about both. That, plus the lack of a fuji 200mm true f/2.8 are the main reasons I haven't gone full fuji yet. At this very moment I have a X-E2, 56mm, 35mm and 10-24mm system in my cart on amazon. $2500 but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger knowing it's not really the camera I truly want and also knowing I'll need to sell off my DSLR system to justify it, but then I'd be missing 140-200mm

If you are going to buy multiple FUJI lenses it is well worth waiting for their next promotion campaign. I bought 3 FUJI lenses last year and got 500 pounds cashback.

If you are going to buy multiple FUJI lenses it is well worth waiting for their next promotion campaign. I bought 3 FUJI lenses last year and got 500 pounds cashback.
I'm just a Fuji whore. I'm about two years into Fuji and I feel lens starved ... as soon as a new one pops up that I think I just might need ... I grab it. The only XF-Mount I didn't buy at 10% above MRSP is the 16-55. I said no to the shoppe keep. I was proud that I could say no. But I bought it last week anyway. I have: 8mm Fish (Rokinon), 12mm, 27mm, 32mm, 50mm, 10-24, 16-55, 18-55, 50-140 and the 55-200. I gave the E2 to my much better half, along with a 18-55, 35mm and 60mm.

Last edited:

I'm just a Fuji whore. I'm about two years into Fuji and I feel lens starved ... as soon as new one pops up that I think I just might need ... I grab it. The only XF-Mount I didn't buy at 10% above MRSP is the 16-55. I said no to the shoppe keep. I was proud that I could say no. But I bought it last week anyway. I have: 8mm Fish (Rokinon), 12mm, 27mm, 32mm, 50mm, 10-24, 16-55, 18-55, 50-140 and the 55-200. I gave the E2 to my much better half, along with a 18-55, 35mm and 60mm.
You don't have the 56mm R?! Gasp!

11 more days!

I just got the XT-10 it's actually the same exact insides of the xt1... minus iOS dials up top, built in flash(xt10) and weather sealing.

I mean same exact sensor all the same features all the new firmware upgrades for like 600$ cheaper... I tried and tried looking for reasons to not get the xt10 and just go with the xt1.... I found myself thinking I don't take my cameras out in the rain so water dealing not that important.... and then it hit me 600 reasons to just get the cheaper version of the same exact camera

I can set up custom buttons on the d-pad for iso and what not

XT-10 it is!!! I am more than impressed with this camera I love it! no regrets at all... but I know I'll get a XT-1 in the near future anyway

I just got the XT-10 it's actually the same exact insides of the xt1... minus iOS dials up top, built in flash(xt10) and weather sealing.

I mean same exact sensor all the same features all the new firmware upgrades for like 600$ cheaper... I tried and tried looking for reasons to not get the xt10 and just go with the xt1.... I found myself thinking I don't take my cameras out in the rain so water dealing not that important.... and then it hit me 600 reasons to just get the cheaper version of the same exact camera

I can set up custom buttons on the d-pad for iso and what not

XT-10 it is!!! I am more than impressed with this camera I love it! no regrets at all... but I know I'll get a XT-1 in the near future anyway

The main difference is the viewfinder. X-T1 has a larger EVF. This is one of the main selling points of X-T1. It also has faster cont. shooting speed.
X-T10 looks to be a great camera as well though. As for ISO, you may assign it to the front wheel - problem solved.

Last edited:
The main difference is the viewfinder. X-T1 has a larger EVF. This is one of the main selling points of X-T1. It also has faster cont. shooting speed.
X-T10 looks to be a great camera as well though. As for ISO, you may assign it to the front wheel - problem solved.

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

oh yeah the iso isn't big deal for me as well as the EVF, it's not that big of a camera so I don't mind the size of it. it worked really well actually and if I do want a bigger VF Ill use my 5d3

Most reactions

New Topics

Back