for you canon lovers

ah yes, heard about that a while back. pretty cool, i think. like a mix between the 20d and the 1ds. still pricey though, if i had the money i'd save a bit more and go for the 1dMkIIN or the nikon d200 if it ever comes out :)

thanks for the share though, i love this guy's articles.

the d200 is supposed to be available this x-mas for about $1850.

I'm a bit lost at the moment, getting ready to make the jump onto Dslr,

PENTAX: Confused by pentax- good features in some, not in others (why not just make one with all the good features)

KONICA MINOLTA- lenses?? there seems to be a lot of confusion about using lenses with the 7D and 5D,

I havent really seen anything special from olympus,

Just trying to make the best decision- leaning towards a D100...

5D is going to be a good camera ddefintely, mainly because of full frame sensor, but i think its a bit pricey to have them selling too fast,

lazarus219 said:
5D is going to be a good camera ddefintely, mainly because of full frame sensor, but i think its a bit pricey to have them selling too fast,
It's not aimed at consumers, but lots of wedding, studio, journalist and other photographers will get them.

We may see a full frame prosumer body under 2k in a year.

Lensmeister said:
I got myself a Canon 350D on the 1st September ........ now 11 days later I am thinking it was my BEST purchase ever (camera wise).....

AWESOME piece of equipment!

And I wouldn't be without it now.

You'll change your mind when you go to that next flower show :lol:

For Olympus camera... I haven't tried it yet, but I think the WB is more controllable than Canon's. I went to an orchid show in Hamilton (NZ) a week ago, indoor condition... and WB control on my D-Rebel 300D was appaling - I did not bring along a white paper to get a custom WB because there's simply no way you could do so in such a public event without people starring at you.. and lighting condition was variable (weak tungsten, 1.00pm sunlight on a clear day shining through the window, flourescene), that unless you take a shot of white paper prior to shooting your photo you can never get the right colour. Using Photoshop wouldn't do, because by the time you get home you have no idea what the original idea was like (It was a huge expo - I shot about 200+ . Best I could do was using shade/cloudy WB, but there are times when even those wouldn't do the flowers justice. :grumpy:

In an Olympus system I believe you are able to manually control the colour temperature 1000K at a time.

Also, one particular model offers dust-protection technology (using wave generated internally to blast dust off the sensor).

amoki - and how would having an olympus camera help you in mixed lighting conditions?

dust protection is something i'd like though.

DocFrankenstein said:
amoki - and how would having an olympus camera help you in mixed lighting conditions?

dust protection is something i'd like though.

You get to set WB nearest to the light quality (in a Canon camera the WB option is very, very limited) ... but maybe I'm wrong :) Maybe the new stuff in the D-rebel XT is better at Auto-WB-ing than the
D-rebel (the Auto-WB sucks in the D-Rebel as far as I know)

It's not the first time I have problems with colour with flowers. A few months ago I tried the camera on roses = same WB problem.

EDIT: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse300/page2.asp

thebeginning said:
the 20d is manually changeable in increments of 100k.

Not only that, but you can set the 20D to bracket the white balance setting...but really, that's just a silly feature because anyone that concerned about WB can just shoot in RAW mode and fine tune the WB setting to their heart's content.

lazarus219 said:
1000k steps is a pretty big jump, maybe more fine tunable, but 1000k is a pretty big step,
He said 100

And in raw you can change them to nearest degree if your heart so desires. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back