For you coffee drinkers

Aoide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photine.net
This is the roasting machine of a local downtown coffee company, Lola Savannah.

25831143-M.jpg

I'm not 100% sure, but I think on the left you can see the roasting chamber where they put the coffee beans and on the right you can see the controls where they set the roaster.

Looks more like something you'd use to torture someone with. I can smell the bacon now. *shudders*
It does look really old, except for the digital screens. Like terri, I like the tones. How did you do that, if I may ask?

Haha.... I wish I knew! I learned a HUGE lesson with this picture. I prepare my pictures for my photoblog where I post a new picture each day. I fussed and fussed with it until I got it where I wanted, resized for my site saved and was done. The original was intact, but I only had the smaller size of the modified version. Now, I have had two different coffee lovers contact me about a print. I've had to try to recreate what I did and it has been frustrating. I will now be saving full size modifications. I know that may sound obvious to people, but I couldn't conceive of why I would need that. Who would ever need my print?

Anyway the original is below. I obviously colorized the photo and played with the hue until I found the exact shade I liked. I also adjusted the saturation. I did some burning on the top left hand corner and a little dodge on the words roast chamber to bring it out. I made a duplicate layer that had some noise in it and then lowered the opacity on that layer until I had the blend I wanted. That is basically it, I think. I couldn't reproduce it exactly the 2nd time (actually it took me about 3 or 4 more times to get close :roll: ), but it was close.

I am a complete novice when it comes to Photoshop Elements. Learning as I go. I'm sure there were other ways to do it, but there it is. Thanks for asking!

26069158-S.jpg

wow! nice shot.. beautiful tones.. thanks for sharing :)

Love the tones, and appreciate how much work you put into that after seeing the original. Great photo! Have you approached the coffee shop to see if they would like a print to hang?

AlisonPower said:
Love the tones, and appreciate how much work you put into that after seeing the original. Great photo! Have you approached the coffee shop to see if they would like a print to hang?

This isn't a typical coffee shop where customers go in to order a drink, but a company that does the roasting itself and then packages the coffee to sell. But I definitely think this idea has possibilities. I think they might like it for their office. Thanks for the input.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back