Forbidden City Doorway

lots to look at i love it. may i ask where this picture was taken.

Agreed... good contrast and composition...

Beijing, China.. now there's a place that has photographic potential.

roadtrip anyone?

As for the pic, i like it. it looks a little bright in places but it does what it says on the tin. I wanna know whats beyond that wall...

lots to look at i love it. may i ask where this picture was taken.

The Forbidden City in Beijing :mrgreen:. Round trip tickets from my residence in Seoul were only $180!!!--never thought I would get the chance to go to China. I will be going back; there is so much to see and I only hit the usual tourist spots; in Beijing the highlights were the Fobidden City, Tiannemen, Summer Palace, Temple Heaven, a huge antique market, and the pearl maket. In Xian I saw the terracota warriors, drum and bell tower, muslim district, Big Goose Pagoda and the Grand Mosque.

The only non-touris area that I was fortunate enough to visit was a section of the Great Wall. Usually you go to one of three sections that are crawling with tourists and street hawkers. However, I made contact with a guy who transported us to a section of the Wall that was not restored and about 10 of us were the only folks there. The only issue was that we were there from about 11 a.m to 3 p.m on a bright hazy day and the lighting was not optimal for photographing.

When I go back, it will not be to the normal tourist areas. Also, I really want to go to Tibet.

Lonely-Wall-for-the-web.jpg

I agree with the contrast and composition, the only thing would to straighten it

I agree. However, I think it may be too late in PP because if I crop that way I loose some the steps and I think they add to it. If I had framed it slightly better to start with it would be golden.

Most reactions

Back