Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going to withhold the the details behind the image for a bit; but suffice it to say while it's not the sort of image I would normally put out, there is a reason behind it. I am hoping you can tell me two things: (1) What your overall impression of the image is; and (2) what you think has been done.

Mollie_Web.jpg

Thanks!!!!!!!

1) Two people with a dog, posed for a photo in their lounge.

2) They are superimposed on a 'lounge' background?

The dog maybe also is taken from another image than the people, so it's multiple images?

the two people seem to be superimposed onto a picture of a stuffed dog.

Agree with above.

Dam @orf is quick.

Thank you sir!

The light on the dog's face is softer.more diffuse than on the people;

The 'shadow' under the lady's right knee, on the carpet looks burnt? (rgb) which has slightly changed the colour?

The people and the dog appear to be levitating above the floor.

...The two people have been composited for sure but the dog may or may not be original to the image.
What is giving it away?

The lighting of the room doesn't quite match the lighting on the two people.

The female has what appears to be a softer focus than the rest of the photo. She has a hard cut line around her. Her camera right knee wouldn't draw much attention but the one on the left appears to be floating above the floor.

The male has a less noticeable outline but his camera left knee looks like it had to be cut narrow which makes it appear to be cut to almost a point.

Overall a much better job then I could have done.

As above, people saw what I saw. My guess is that their dog died, and they wanted a "family portrait" made, after Fido was departed...and you stepped up to the plate and took a swing at it.

As above, people saw what I saw. My guess is that their dog died, and they wanted a "family portrait" made, after Fido was departed...and you stepped up to the plate and took a swing at it.
Close... Fido has only a short time left and they wanted a nice portrait. Unfortunately there's only a very small space in which to work and apparently, for the first time in literally months, Mollie was active and would not sit still (which apparently is what she does 99.9% of the rest of the time) and kept bringing me her toys. After an hour it was decided to pack it in to avoid stressing her out.

Mollie and her cushion are the "original" photo. Mom, Dad, the fireplace, and a punch of other bits are all composited. I'm honestly not very happy with it at all but will it pass muster for non-photographers?

Reactions: orf
Yes, it will look fine on a side table or mantelpiece.

I’m sure they will love it.

They probably will think it looks fine. Is there any possibility of you going again? I just wonder if the dog would be used to you enough now that it won't keep bringing you toys. Maybe keep it to a shorter session/visit, show them this? or let them know it was challenging to edit and see what works out in trying to get a few more photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back