Foreshadowing Time

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well. I was recently assigned a project on the book 1984, so I decided to at least enjoy some of this project, and try my hand at some experimental photography. Just some information behind the pictures is:

1. I am trying to portray the time at which Winston and Julia have left, and how when their 'time' to be arrested comes, the others will also. (Of course I will go more in depth but that is the gist)

2. When Winston and Julia meet at O'brien's they drink wine after proclaiming they are against Big Brother, so I will hopefully be able to think up some symbolism regarding that. Now this photo I wasn't entirely pleased with, the focus is somewhat off and such but, it was the general concept I was aiming for.

Enjoy!

73101221_b7515fee22.jpg

73101192_e3f3728bd9.jpg

Very nice pictures, i am sorry but i dont know what forshaddowing is, but it is actually the shaddowing around the wine glass that is getting me, it looks a little dirty, more like someone has tryed to rub out pencil in a drawing, and i am not sure it helps the picture as it makes the base of the wineglass look out of place with the style of the glass shot its self? If you know what i mean? Having said that the wine glass is my favorite of the two.

tim

Very interesting! I like the clock shot, all by itself - but it certainly works with what you're doing here. :thumbup:

These are awesome! (actually i'm reading the book right now, so i'm really into it!)
Really great pics. You'll sure get a good mark with those!

tpe said:
Very nice pictures, i am sorry but i dont know what forshaddowing is, but it is actually the shaddowing around the wine glass that is getting me, it looks a little dirty, more like someone has tryed to rub out pencil in a drawing, and i am not sure it helps the picture as it makes the base of the wineglass look out of place with the style of the glass shot its self? If you know what i mean? Having said that the wine glass is my favorite of the two.

tim

forshadowing is a literary tool that is used VERY often. It is a hint of what may come in the future. For example: "Billy was fine for now, but no one knew what the future held for him."

:D

Thank you very much for replying everyone!

tpe: Foreshadowing is just a literary term which means pretty much "hinting at what is going to happen", but thank you for pointing out the 'dirt'. I didn't see it originally, but now I can see it clear as day. I will be sure to edit that. :thumbup:

Alexandra: Curious. I have finished the book now, and out of all honesty, I found it extraordinarily dull! I know so many people list it as their favourite, but I don't know, maybe I missed the whole point of the book but, wow. I am going to read Brave New World for a comparison now. Hope you find the book more enjoyable than I did :)

Edit: Rapala46 beat me to it :)

Peanuts said:
Thank you very much for replying everyone!

tpe: Foreshadowing is just a literary term which means pretty much "hinting at what is going to happen", but thank you for pointing out the 'dirt'. I didn't see it originally, but now I can see it clear as day. I will be sure to edit that. :thumbup:

Alexandra: Curious. I have finished the book now, and out of all honesty, I found it extraordinarily dull! I know so many people list it as their favourite, but I don't know, maybe I missed the whole point of the book but, wow. I am going to read Brave New World for a comparison now. Hope you find the book more enjoyable than I did :)

Edit: Rapala46 beat me to it :)

WOW!!! I must have beat you by seconds, both posts are at 8:37! haha

I like them, the clock especially. i like the reflection is ripply like it is a shiny but imperfect surface......

Thank you very much Verbal and THORHAMMER. It is amazing how handy old picture frame glass, a fluorescent car light and paper can come in so handy :)

you have done a really awesome job on these peanuts!
spot on exposure and neat bg's
like em both.. thanks for sharing :D

Most reactions

Back