Forest Cabin

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
400-1717.jpg

it gives you a sense of being there, approaching that cabin. nice, I like the composition and perspective! I guess it is shot from close to the ground, not at eye-height?

But it appears overall a bit dark to me, in particular the uper half. But maybe that is just due to my laptop screen

The contour of the area is a bit strange. I was standing on the bank of a dry creek shooting into the other side which may have given it the low effect.

The sun and shadows were really harsh- I had to take out some of the contrast. I lightened the top considerably, but didn't want to go too far. Probably should have gone a bit further. There's a lot more depth to the camera RAW than .jpg. I should try harder to take advantage. That and I wonder how far out of the norm my monitor may be.

Thanks Alex, your comments are appreciated!

it gives you a sense of being there, approaching that cabin. nice, I like the composition and perspective! I guess it is shot from close to the ground, not at eye-height?

But it appears overall a bit dark to me, in particular the uper half. But maybe that is just due to my laptop screen

Wow, what a difference a day makes.

This is just plain horrific. Yesterday it didn't look all that bad- today, well...

Wow, what a difference a day makes.

This is just plain horrific. Yesterday it didn't look all that bad- today, well...

please explain what you are referring to! ;)

your image?

my post?

I am lost ;)

please explain what you are referring to! ;)

your image?

my post?

I am lost ;)

The photo- I'm wondering, what I was thinking?

I took off and did some work, and came back and took a peek. I agree that it was too dark then, but it was really dark when I came back. It's my perception of my work that is uneven.

I appreciate your comments- thanks. I need some kind of bearing or gauge.

Been too rushed lately and not getting into it the way I should.

It's my perception of my work that is uneven.

Oh, I see .. and I know thaat problem all to well ... sometimes I work on an image, and I love the outcome, post it here ... and a day later, I suddnely hate it (not due to the comments here, but just my own perception).

Then I re-process the shot at home until I like it and two days later I suddenly prefer the first version :p

So it appears to be a common problem ;)

I definetely like the composition. Regarding the light, I think it's fine even with a bit of less light. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

Back